No more blood card

by lostinthought 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

One of the 1st things I did once I realized they were BS!!!! After throwing away my no blood card, Got a living will!!! I'm healthy under 40 but I know what happens.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i actually never had a blood card, apart from the children blood card my parents had when i was little. never felt the need to get one.

• sir82
    sir82

If you gave copies to your doctor, lawyer, family members, etc., remember to get those back as well.

If a copy of it exists somewhere it still may be considered legally binding.

• lostinthought
    lostinthought

Thanks for the input everyone, thankfully I'm only in my early 30's and I've never had any major medical problems so I never told my MD that I took no blood

• Emery
    Emery

I remember spending a whole saturday morning researching, watching the blood dvd, and praying to make sure I list everything on my blood card correctly. Asking friends to witness signatures and all that garbage. When I did the research and found that blood transfusions do NOT equate to digesting/eating blood, I threw mine away. Blood functions like an organ that runs indefinitely throughout your system. Like someone mentioned above, a weight was lifted forever off my shoulders.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Tsk, tsk everyone. Remember - it's not a blood card. It's a "medical directive."

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• whathappened
    whathappened

I tore up my blood card several months ago when I happened upon it in my wallet. I was thankful that nothing happened to me and I didn't sacrifice my life for nothing. Reading the JWfacts page about blood really convinced me to let go of the last doubt about "eating" blood that was left inside me. Thanks, JWFacts.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I do not recall ever having a "blood card" - I left the witnesses in the 1979-1980 time frame.

Did they even have this way back then?

• out4good3
    out4good3

I once took a gander at my wife's "medical directive" and she listed the elders in the congregation as authorities in making medical decisions for her.

So, why the hell am I paying for her medical insurance, deductibles, and prescriptions?

I should send them a bill.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Good idea! Why don't you have a nice discussion with your wife about it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit