New here ish, my story.

by Rawrities 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome to the board Rawrities.

It makes me upset that even though I have always been good to them, they are willing to not speak to me and kick me out if I don’t follow their religion...

This is what cults do to people. Your statement above can be applied to any high control group (Mormon, Scientology, Amish, etc). So in future, before joining any group, do research on them. It will save you a lot of heartache.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Welcome

This religion stagnates and impairs the social growth of youth ( Sparlock video is one example )

JW kids are taught they can't be trusted, no matter how much

they study the bible

They don't feel free to talk about natural feelings or desires to their parents because

they will be told, even wonderin' about such shows weakness in the faith

they are basically taught if their hopes and dreams are not in line wit the WTS

they are not puttin' Jehovah first

And that makes Jehovah Saaaaaaaaad

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum. So glad you found us, and so glad that you did not get baptised.

Keep up those excellent grades. Yes, when you go off to school, you will be your own person. Learn all you can,and study what you enjoy. Don't look back at these petty people who will now think up new rumors about you in your absence.

Life will be a wonderful adventure for you. You will meet all sorts of people at school, and it does sound like you are a good kid and able to think before you act. That will serve you well and keep you safe in the future.

I think you'll even find in the future that it won't even bother you if they wish not to speak with you.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Rawrities, welcome and thanks for sharing your story!

A couple of comments. Your mom says, "it’s the best from other religions."

First of all, that is a LAME-ASS response to falsehood. It's either the Truth or it isn't; it's either God's Organization, or it isn't.

Nevertheless, Bertrand Russell once said something you may find useful in response to that:

"Either a thing is true or it isn't. If it is true you should believe it, and if it isn't you shouldn't. And if you can't find out whether it's true or whether isn't you should suspend judgment. It seems to me a fundamental dishonesty and a fundamental treachery to intellectual integrity to hold a belief because you think it's useful and not because you think it's true."

Rawrities: If I were to even mention any of these to my step dad I would probably get kicked out the house. ... they have this policy where if I don’t go I get kicked out the house. ... It makes me upset that even though I have always been good to them, they are willing to not speak to me and kick me out if I don’t follow their religion...

So true, they hold your beliefs hostage by bullying and manipulation. Not very Christ-like, is it?

Rawrities: I do not plan to get baptized and once I leave to university in another city, I plan to fade and then move out when I am done with school.

Good plan!

Rawrities: That is my story and how I slowly started to lose my mind.

Actually, it sounds like you're beginning to FIND your sanity!

00DAD

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!

You are wise for your age! Save your money, complete your education, and learn how to smile and change the conversation when your folks bring up Religion.

Ditto on OODADS advice.

Al the best, and may your life be joyful !

the ass

• yknot
    yknot

You sound like a very good girl!

Glad you joined!

Keep up your studies and don't let the gossipy-geese get you down....

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Hi and welcome. You've just chipped the tip of the iceberg. Further reasons that they are a cult that is NOT directed by God go much deeper than that.

Stick around. You'll learn quite a lot

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Rawrities: WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!! You are a smart young lady by not getting baptized. It would have caused you much anguish. Please research and read up on jw facts.com. As a start.

Kojack

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Welcome Rawrities!

Glad that you found this site and realize you almost made a big mistake.

Good advice here. Get your education, move on with your life and get away from the toxic influence of the JW world. It will become an interesting part of your past. Being exposed to something like this can actually turn out to be a positive for you.

Good luck! We hope to continue to hear from you.

The Oracle

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome to this forum. Glad you joined and found your experiences interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit