Awkward, but kinda funny encounter with JWs today

by hemp lover 22 Replies latest jw friends

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

NC said:

I get shaky too--visibly---which really irritates me because mentally I am so far out of this org and in fact don't even believe in a god anymore. But still----the reaction! Drives me crazy.

That's interesting. I see them, and actually feel a bit of for pity them, as I know just how pathetic it is to waste one's life believing in such a bald-faced lie (the last JW I saw looked like she born a decade AFTER 1975, so probably has no awareness of the history).

Then I ask myself should I even bother to try to chip thru the massive facade they've built around themselves, and may or may not (depends on my mood, the response I get, etc).

• cult classic
    cult classic

hemp lover,

What you said to them was brilliant. Sure way to stir up that cognitive dissonance.

I totally get where you're at on the physical reaction to them. I have to resist the very strong urge to strangle them silly...lol.

Gotta read the responses on this thread a bit later.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Hemp Lover, I know how it is. I have been running into JWs lately all over the place. I'm finding it impossible to listen to their buzzwords and bs. Later I beat myself up with why didn't I say.....

You did a good job

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit