Nothing new, but JWs view the Society & Jehovah as the same

by sseveninches 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

During the WT study yesterday, a sister made a comment that I have a hard time forgetting - something about "the society or Jehovah approving of" something related to divorce. It was always something that I've inferred based on the actions of most JWs, but I never thought that some would say it blatantly.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, what are they supposed to think?

As "Jehovah" has never said a single word to them directly, and the WTBTS seems to NEVER shut up.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They have been saying that for a long time now.....These days the flock seems to believe it literally.. We used to see the difference between the two:

Wt 59 09/1 p 530

"The voice of Jehovah speaks to us today through his organization, giving us correction and instruction in righteousness and in active ministerial service. "

Wt 07 2/1 p24

. "And as was true of Noah, our success depends on obedience. We must obediently follow the direction Jehovah provides through his Word and his organization"

Wt 98 7/15 p14

"How happy we are that Jehovah is still speaking to us today, through his Word and his organization! "

• wasblind
    wasblind

Titus 1:2 " God, who cannot lie "

Question :

Who told the WTS that " some who saw the events of 1914 will also see the complete destruction of the present wicked world"_____Reasoning from the scriptures book page 200

Seems to me SOMEBODY , " made errors, mistakes, and taught falsehoods, otherwise known as straight out LIES

And it wasn't from a God who cannot lie , who could it have been from ??? None else but, " THE FATHER OF THE LIE "

Witnesses fail to remember that the Holy Spirit comes from a perfect infallible source, It has the ability to pass on a perfect message

to an imperfect man.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Double post

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

The problem I have with this is that there will come a time when the GB instructs the minions to do something major that isn't found in the Bible (as they have done in the past), or is contrary to the Bible, although they will make it seem that it's not the case. When the Bible's viewpoint is clear on such a matter, who will JWs obey? Jehovah or the society?

1975 is a perfect example. The society knew very well what Matthew 24:36 says - 'no one knows the time or the date', but they went on to ramble about 1975. A year counts as a date, even though it's much broader. This is contrary to the Bible, and yet people followed the society's recommendations concerning that year.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Glad you brought that scripture out sseven,

If you look at the bottom of page 97 in the Reasoning from the scriptures book

you will find where the WTS qoutes Matt 24: 36,34 and they include brackets

within that scripture that states

" Truly I say to you that this generation [ that was alive when " the sign " of " the last days" began it's fulfillment ] will by no means pass away until all these things occur.-------Matt 24: 36, 34

How many mistakes was the prophet Hananiah allowed before he was put to death ?

How many mistakes does the WTS continue to make. JW's are subjectin' themselves to the same fate as Hananiah

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Truly I say to you that this generation [ that was alive when " the sign " of " the last days" began it's fulfillment ] will by no means pass away until all these things occur.-------Matt 24: 36, 34

How many mistakes does the WTS continue to make. JW's are subjectin' themselves to the same fate as Hananiah

• wasblind
    wasblind

• wasblind
    wasblind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit