Nothing like a JW memorial service...

by Princess Daisy Boo 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess Daisy Boo
  • Princess Daisy Boo
  • Princess Daisy Boo
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

IE9 doesnt work unless you use compatibility mode, or just use firefox or chrome instead.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

...to get me all riled up!

I haven't posted on here for ages... Mostly because I just felt over it. Surrounding myself with ex JWs talking all day about JW stuff just left me angry and negative and... stuck... Which is not to say that this site, and sites like this are bad - they were great in terms of freeing my mind from the last vestiges of dubbism!

Somehow, though, I felt the need to come here today to vent...

Last week, a JW family member passed away - an uncle. I am still in touch with most of my family and out of respect to them I decided to go to the memorial on Monday. It has left me so angry!

1. The service - yes - I know - their memorials are basically just a recruitment campaign. Unusually, each of my uncle's 5 kids wrote an eulogy of sorts which the elder read out to the audience. He read out each one in full except for the one from my openly gay cousin - he openly admitted to editing that one - I'm sure it was because it included something about his father's acceptance of him - despite their beliefs, my uncle never turned his back on his gay son - I somehow don’t think that my cousin was ever baptised though - that might have changed things slightly?

2. The idiot woman sitting next to me in the KH who kept going on about what congregation I was with and when I said I was not with any cong, she went on about how I was still going to find the truth - she knew my immediate family and didn't realise that I was a part of them and therefore obviously born in and no longer...

3. The offer for free reading material given by the elder at the end of his talk.

4. The comments amongst the witnesses about how good and uplifting the talk was and what a good witness it was to all "worldly" ones in attendance.

5. The fact that my attendance, as a mark of respect to my family, now appears to be a sign for their hopes that I may come back. Which I will N.E.V.E.R do!

6. I have always kind of classified this part of my family as JW lite - they weren't big on meeting attendance, most of the kids have been df'ed at one stage or another, one of the kids is out and proud and is accepted by his family... but despite all of that, they are all still very much in the clutches of the WT society - I witnessed a conversation on FB today between one of the brothers and sisters encouraging each other to make good of their studies and grow strong in the truth again so that they could see their dad again... just made me sad - these people will probably never be free.

Anyway - I just needed to get that off my chest - I know you guys will understand!

x

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Thank you!!! :)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Yeah.... I get it. I was at one too not so long ago.

My god, they can talk some rubbish at the bunfight afterwards. Most of my lot have seen at least two balmygeddon deadlines slip by without Jehovah showing up for their gorefest and it seems like they have managed to kill off more brain cells than neccessary to get over it.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Princess Daisy Boo, I understand your frustration. It is difficult for me to sit through a JW funeral. I can't stand to sit there and listen to all that garbage. Sorry about your uncle's death. Maybe someday your cousins will see the

light, I mean the truth about the truth.

• nugget
    nugget

I am often disappointed that JW funerals are so disrespectful. Funerals are a chace for people to come together to remember and honour the memory of the deceased. I find that they way that these occasions are hijacked by the organisation very distateful and disrespectful. It is no wonder that right thinking people are offended by these events. It is sad that witnesses are in their own little bubble and have no idea what a bad witness this is.

• designs
    designs

JW funerals can turn into an Infomercial or a MLM rah rah session. They don't know how to do Eulogies well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit