I'm going to the British Museum, Is their anything their to rubbish 607/Jerusalem?

by BroMac 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BroMac
    BroMac

Jerusalem was destroyed by the Babs and King Neb in 586/587 bce, (depending on if you count in Ascencion Years 0>1>2>3 OR just starting from 1Year from the first day on the Throne.) ((well, i think i'm understanding that bit correctly)).

So this is the first time i will be going to the British Museum knowing this as a fact.

has anyone been recently who is interested in this subject?

I realise that not everyone can go to the British Museum and really they just stole stuff from everyone during the 'Empire' years, but i'm kinda glad I can go and have a look at it!

• BroMac
    BroMac

have they got any Egibi family things on display?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Yes, there was something and I'll try to find the picture I took with my phone.

• BroMac
    BroMac

thanks Mickey mouse

• Farkel
    Farkel

While you are there, please visit the Rosetta stone. It is one of the most important artifacts ever discovered.

Farkel

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

When I was there, you could only go through that section with a guide, so check tour times.

I was lucky and just caught the last tour of the day. I was sure there was a Dub with us. He asked questions, but didn't dispute any answers.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Bromac, please let us know what you see in there to confirm 587/6 as Jerusalem's destruction. It will be interesting to get JW's to look at it, I won't tell them know what they are looking at and why, let them work it out.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I've been to the British Museum, but not for a few years. Unsurprisingly, there were a few items on display confirming 587 as the correct date for the fall of Jerusalem. But it won't mean much to a firmly entrenched JW, because they just dismiss the dates assigned by 'worldly' sources (except for 539, which they've decided is reliable based on the same evidence that makes the other dates 'unreliable').

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If you have the balls to do it, you could pretend you are a troooo JW believer and get the guide to trash the Watchtowers' version in front of everyone with you.

I wish I had thought of that tactic at the time, but I was still just a Newbie at the Anti Witnessing Game. I have no problems, now, in pretending to be a trooo believer, spouting obviously loony, but WT correct, utter bollocks in front of an audience.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

haven't been in years, a lot of Dubs used to hang around there offering unofficial tours to count time, wonder if they stopped that ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit