Reviewing LOGICAL FALLACIES : or how to really prepare for the Watchtower Study

by Terry 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/904a4D

Click on the above and try each icon for a pithy explanation and example of Logical Fallacies

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

That's a useful site. Thanks.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

It is amazing how many times people commit logical fallacies and think they are using genius arguments.

• Terry
  • Farkel
    Farkel

Terry,

Thank you for re-visiting this topic. In fact, I think logical fallacies and logic in general should be brought to the front more often than it is. It is an eye-opener for those who are first introduced to it and can (literally) change one's life and perceptions.

Logic is the ultimate "bullshit detector."

Farkel

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

I love that! Very interesting/educational/funny.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I had never even heard of logical fallacies before I started waking up. Started to read up on them. I got to excited when I was able to start recognizing them. Now I see them everywhere haha.

• Terry
    Terry

For myself, I am constantly amazed at the mistakes in THINKING I still create by fallacious tendencies wrought by a 20 year

legacy of Watchtower indoctrinations. Yes, still!

I have to review and re-read the list over and over to rectify my habits.

I should make Flash Cards and carry them with me.

Maybe one each day. Take it along with me and try to spot examples of such fallacies in everyday life.

How about that for self-improvement??

Thanks Farkel, how are you feeling, Buddy?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

An interesting thing to review on web debating sites.

Might be a good thing to have people study and review before they sign up as a member.

If one would step away from these idealogical fallacies they would strengthen their own intellectual honesty base as well

improve upon their own cognitive thinking capabilities.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Terry: For myself, I am constantly amazed at the mistakes in THINKING I still create by fallacious tendencies wrought by a 20 year legacy of Watchtower indoctrinations.

Ain't THAT the truth, brother!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit