Not Breaking News: Mormons quit church in mass resignation ceremony, Are Jehovah's Witnesses Next?

by Scott77 22 Replies latest social current

• Scott77
    Scott77

It is also interesting to see some parallels or similarities between the Mormons and the JWs, especially with respect to somebody leaving and losing business contacts. You better believe some JW who disassociates will LOSE his business contacts in the religion. They'd pull the rug out from under somebody in a New York minute just for spite!
    LongHairGal

hi LongHairGal,

About lose of buness contact, that is a legitimate concern however, many JWs are not that rich compared to Mormons.

Scott77

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Couldn't help njoticing these sentences,

"Participants from Utah, Arizona, Idaho and elsewhere gathered in a public park to sign a "Declaration of Independence from Mormonism."

"This feels awesome," said Alison Lucas, from West Jordan, Utah, who took part in the rally amid soaring temperatures. "I don't know if I would have had the courage except in a group."

Independence - but only as long as you're part of a group............ "I need to be in a group to be independent" .............

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

The Mormon church is having a crisis. More and more are leaving, as the church ups it's media presence so those who leave are matching it ( the ' I am a Mormon' adverts have been met with 'I am an ex-Mormon' videos.) The institutional and conservative nature of the church means it is cracking like a warming ice sheet with sections calving off while the overall depth of belief is thinned. The recent onslaught of intelligent, witty atheism has caught the church in a broadside as more intelligent , educated born in members are open to progressive and well presented knowledge. The LDS church will collapse far quicker than the JW one which is simply ,slowly strangling itself in pointlessness. IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit