Not Breaking News: Mormons quit church in mass resignation ceremony, Are Jehovah's Witnesses Next?

by Scott77 22 Replies latest social current

• DT
    DT

A problem that I see is that there are fewer Witnesses than Mormons and they are more spread out through the country. It would be harder to organize a mass resignation like that. It isn't impossible, but it could involve a lot of expensive travel.

A petition might work where people sign it online and provide their congregation. Then it could be printed out and delivered to the headquarters in a way that would hopefully capture some media attention.

It would be a real headache for the headquarters to process the petition and alert all the congregations. If they chose not to, it could be argued that it is still a valid resignation. If they tried to take any action against one of these people later on, it could be viewed as harassing a nonmember and subject them to lawsuits.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SCOTT77:

Unfortunately, I don't see this happening with the JWs for a couple of reasons. For one, JWs are spread out as opposed to the Mormons who are in a general geographic area. Secondly (and some may disagree), the Mormons seem better educated to me than the JWs. They may have some strange traditions but they seem to be more of a thinking type of people than JWs. So, if people leave the JWs it will be a few here and there and their reasons for leaving (unless they do a public DA) will be HIDDEN from everybody.

It is also interesting to see some parallels or similarities between the Mormons and the JWs, especially with respect to somebody leaving and losing business contacts. You better believe some JW who disassociates will LOSE his business contacts in the religion. They'd pull the rug out from under somebody in a New York minute just for spite!

• Giordano
    Giordano

It's already been happening. The retention rate among JW born-ins is pathedic, and shunning creates an on going loss of good will at the public level. While one witness can deliever a message, in field service, to a hundred people in the course of a year.......... with no visible effect those same 100 people learning directly from a shunned ex witness or a friend of a friend, relative, etc. does create a lingering negative reaction.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

I think this is a great idea to promote public awareness about the Watchtower Borg. Various small time political groups do things like this all the time to promote themselves. Why, we, the Ex-Dub club should do the same.

It probably would be easy to gather 100-150 people or so infront of the world headquarters and do a little pre-amping of the event to the news media on the coat tails of the court case ruling and this Morman thing.

• Scott77
    Scott77

bttt

• jemba
    jemba

bttt

• sf
    sf

Wow. What a freakin' treat. And right as I was about to hit the hay.

Ha! Wonder what Roms comments might be. If he has any.

"culture of abuse"

"It's been a hard journey and this is a symbolic end,"

Ah, but it is only the Beginning. LITERALLY!

act of collective revolt LOVE IT!

Hello people. LET THESE FOLKS BE AN INSPIRATION FOR YOU. YOU TOO CAN COLLECTIVELY RE-VOLT. RE-CHARGE YOUR LIVES AND THAT OF YOUR CHILDREN. PURE ENERGY IS NEEDED NOW.

Think about it: 150 active, QUESTIONING, THINKING, MORAL JWS (shhhhh you Know who...it's quite possible there are, in fact, that many) doing exactly the same thing, yet the Declaration needs re-vision.

Seriously, WHY DON'T YOU? What is it EXACTLY you are waiting for? What is it exactly that you F.E.A.R.? And I want answrs this time. You jws reading this forum ON A DAILY BASIS (we've gone over this years ago), seem to think my questions are rhetorical when asked here. I've seldomed gotten any replies to them from you. Wanna know a something very interesting? I'm gonna tell you anyway:

I SELDOM GOT MY QUESTIONS ANSWERED WHEN I, TOO, WAS A JW. IT DROVE MY MOM NUTS. IT DROVE THE ELDERS NUTS. IT DROVE ME FUCKING NUTS!!!

BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, so, pardon me while I burst into flames....of laughter....lololololol

So, please, I seriously want jws to answer my questions above.

Thank you and goodnight.

SWEET DREAMS TO ALL MY MORMON WARRIORS!!!!

God, that sure was a treat.

sKally

• sf
    sf

It probably would be easy to gather 100-150 people or so infront of the world headquarters and do a little pre-amping of the event to the news media on the coat tails of the court case ruling and this Morman thing.

YES!

And I didn't even SEE that post when I posted.

Thanks Momma!

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

You bet sf, I would make an effort to be there if we could get it together.

MTM

• sf
    sf

As would I.

It happened with silent lambs, it can happen again.

Only this time, only truth prevails.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit