thirdwitness.com - JWs answer to apostate accusations

by Reality79 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Reality79
    Reality79

thirdwitness.com (sorry I can't make it clickable on my browser)

Has anyone seen this site? The witnesses on jwtalk have been praising it.

• cedars
    cedars

First impressions.... weird website.

Under the heading "speak no evil" the writer clearly thinks "Planet of the Apes" has something to do with the issue of how child abuse accusations are handled.

http://thirdwitness.com/childabuse/Hush.html

It looks like mostly apologist crap written by someone who has never been an elder.

Cedars

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

hmmm thirdwitness...

I've previously analysed his '607' article in some depth and found it to be chock full of logical fallacies and other poor argumentation. I haven't looked closely at the other 2 articles, but I suspect they are of equal 'quality'.

• cedars
    cedars

I notice elder letters are quoted but no dates given.

Can anyone tell me which letters these are supposed to be quotes of?

A 1997 letter to body of elders states: "What can the elders do to help protect our children? The elders should be alert to the activity of any who are known to have molested children in the past. Individuals who have manifested a weakness in this regard should be sensitive to their need not to be alone with children. They should refrain from holding children or displaying other forms of affection for them. It would be appropriate for elders to give kindly cautions to any who are doing things that may be a temptation or a cause for concern to others in the congregation." A 2000 letter adds to this: "This would include not allowing children (other than his own) to spend the night in his home, not working in field service with a child, not cultivating friendships with children, and the like." "

Cedars

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

He seems to like exposing myths. Maybe he should take a second look at the bible.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

1st is March 14, 1997, 2nd, I don't know, Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Black Sheep - the second one is the one I'm most interested in! Where's Atlantis when you need him?!

Cedars

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I don't think he has it, Cedars. Maybe it doesn't exist.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Black Sheep - it wouldn't surprise me if that 2nd quote is entirely fictitious - it doesn't make a lot of sense, and entirely contradicts published Society policy.

I guess it's "theocratic warfare" in action!

Cedars

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Cedars,

So.... what do all the articles at Thirdwitness change? I have to be honest, I got confused reading them. I am so mentally tired of reading conflicting information that I just want to give up. I am still " in " the ORG, and I am trying to research everything the best that I can. Honestly I don't know how much more I can take...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit