What would you say to a po' gal dat loves de Lawd and only has 22¢ ?

by baltar447 27 Replies latest jw friends

• baltar447
    baltar447

To be fair, that's how MOST white people treated black people back then. It was more widely accepted. Just look at this good 'ol Willie Best, otherwise known as "Sleep 'n Eat"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Best

• baltar447
    baltar447

That's just how people were stereotyped back then. I'm sure if we scrutinized other similar "religious" printed material we'd see similar. The racism stood out but what's really telling is how egotistical 'da judge was. And it's unclear the message on whether that 'po gal would be given the book anyway or not...

• snowbird
    snowbird

While Rutherford was stereotyping and pontificating, some other Whites were quietly going about establishing schools so that Black children could learn how to fit into a larger society. I received a quality education at one of those schools.

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

snow

• wasblind
    wasblind

Jehovah's witnesses who happen to be Black , don't seem to agree with what Martin Luther King and others did

they are brainwashed to think they would have been better off " Waitin' on the Kingdom " to be treated wit common

decency and respect

Because the WTS told them :

" If your looking for the genuine followers of Jesus christ on earth today. will they be mixing in the politics of the world ? "________July 1, 2010 WT page 25

Black Jehovah's Witnesses also think that President Johnson wasted his time signin' the Civil rights Act of 1964 that ended Jim Crow Laws

Because the WTS told them :

" Try as they might, though, even the most sincere rulers cannot overcome the influence of the one whom Jesus called " the ruler of this world "______July 1, 2010 WT page 22

Even though the Civil rights Act gave Blacks the right to vote and the freedom to excerise their rights

without repercussions. Blacks in the WTS still remain under the laws of Jim Crow, under the guise of religion

• wasblind
    wasblind

" What would you say to a po' gal dat loves de lawd ???? "

Screw the WTS , use your God given brain , further your education and vote

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

That was scanned by me from an actual issue....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/115448/1/Golden-Age-Goodies

I love the part that says that Rutherford couldn't write these things unless he were used of God.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I remember seein' that thread Leolaia,

The shame of it is, this is the same organization that speaks against higher education

A priviledge not always afforded Blacks in this country

And the Jehovah's witnesses that are Black actually believe God wants them to remain dumb down

and subservant peddlin' mags out in field service

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Was this the original "simplified" version? Perhaps this is what Bethel basis the new "dumbed down"edition on?

• snowbird
    snowbird

I remember that thread, also.

"Jesus" certainly picked a sorry lot to represent Kingdom interests, didn't he?!

If that was "spiritual food," the cook should have been fired.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit