So ... what happens when we die?

by sacolton 45 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

What do you personally believe happens after we die?

As for me, I consider myself an Agnostic-Christian. I don't believe we really know everything about God or the Afterlife. I do believe that we do transform to something beyond our physical comprehension. Perhaps a spirit ... or something that unites everything together. Einstein said energy can not be created or destroyed - it can only be transformed to one form or another. That's a comforting thought.

What do you think?

• cofty
    cofty

Our existance will be the same as it was before our concepetion. If our consciousness is zero under anaesthetic how will it suvive the destruction of our brains?

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Everything on this planet is made from dirt, the elements of the earth. When we die, I suspect we return back to those elements and those elements go on to become something else, usually some type of vegetation.

This is the only thing I'm factually sure happens to us when we "bite the dust"

• sacolton
  • James Brown
    James Brown

I also consider myself an agnostic and I read the bible.

The bible leads me to believe faith in Jesus will lead to my eternal security.

But there is the agnostic part, I have recently come across the author Michael cremo, he shows ancient picutures of

men with dinosuars, he presents evidence of mens skelletons burried in millions of year old veins of coal,

which would make men existence on earth in the millions of years and would questions mens understanding of

evolution.

Looking at the evidence from Michael Cremos published view would make me consider that we reincarnate from time to time.

So I guess to keep it simple I believe in Jesus, which requires faith.

When I try to defend my faith and do research, the research takes me to 2 places.

1, Godless evolutionary atheism, which I see and understand the arguments for, but to me that is a dead end.

2, Wanting something more positive and hopeful, I have stumbled on the hindu traditions of reincarnation, and the documented

and historical evidences that Michael Cremo has presented.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

interesting

• talesin
    talesin

Here's what I know. My body will be harvested for transplant, then donated to science.

If there's anything else that happens, it is a complete unknown. And I'm fine with that.

tal

• cofty
    cofty

James Brown - You will enjoy this review of Cremo's theories at Talk Origins

Godless evolutionary atheism, which I see and understand the arguments for, but to me that is a dead end. - JB

Why do you say that?

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Dr Eben ..is ...selling...a...book.

• scotoma
    scotoma

Knowing that when I die that's the end of me makes me resent all the more that I wasted the best years of my life in the JW loop.

Some people aren't going to do much with their life so for them religion is a comforting way to pass the time.

If a person has the Promethean spark then Epimethean ideologies will gnaw out their liver.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit