So ... what happens when we die?

by sacolton 45 Replies latest jw friends

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

If you don't believe there is a very, very strong corrilation between your personality and conciousness and the physical condition and specific chemical balance of nutrients entering your brain.... can I have it? I need more brains for my experiements - and afterall, you're not using it anyway.

I'll need you to sign a waiver first, of course, but I hear the "afterlife" is pretty dope.

As for what happens when you die: We all know what happens when you die, that's why none of us want to die. You turn "off".

- Lime

• talesin
  • Heaven
    Heaven

LOL tal, thanks! Love it.

Without death, there would be no life on this planet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic6n8i6cuHA

• Fernando
    Fernando

I'm largely with sacolton on this one.

Also (Eph 4:4):

"One hope" = heaven + earth

"One hope" = "spirit realm" + "physical realm" = "multiverse" of "parallel universes" (Physicist Michio Kaku)

• zeb
    zeb

I nearly died once via heart strain.

No bright lights, no angels, no television show of your life running before your mind.

But incredible immense ...peace.

just a peace beyond anything any medication or injection could give.

The paramedic voices were a long way a way and i recall being very annoyed when they brought me back.

• talesin
    talesin

zeb,

I was once in a situation where I was 'bleeding out'. I felt immense peace, and though I was in pain from the medical emergency, as I felt the life draining out of my body due to blood loss, it was a peaceful feeling -- no panic, just a continuing weakness, and a feeling of letting go.

Your experience sounds familiar. I remember feeling that if I had to go, this way was 'okay'. I don't fear death, I only fear the pain and suffering that comes with long-term illness and the torture I have seen others go through with medical intervention.

xo

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit