NEWS-JW Wife Stabbed in Kingdom Hall

by Refriedtruth 52 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Any Jehovah Witness who is reading this, please read:

This thread is called "Internet haters be hating."

News flash! Non-JW attacks peaceful JW at a peaceful place of worship!

Yeah, let's hate on the victims some more! That's a really good idea. That's the side I want to be on.

- Lime

• snowbird
  • blondie
    blondie

Sounds like she might not be baptized yet if she was having a study at 2:15 on a weekday. My father was not a jw and he went back and forth about not wanting us to go to the KH withholding the use of the family car at the last minute. It sounds like this guy was abusive before the jw aspect....

• blondie
    blondie

"sanctuary" I doubt any jw used that term. Reporters tend to use the religious terms they are familiar with, ergo, "church" instead of "kingdom hall."

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

HintofLime, no one is blaming the victim here. The Watch Tower has a dirty reputation of condoning domestic violence within the congregation in attempts to keep the organization's reputation spotless and/or convince an ubm to convert. One can't help but explore the possibilities.

That being said, I hope this poor woman doesn't need a blood transfusion and is able to fully recover.

• Bells
    Bells

Can anyone share the recent article which encourages women to stay with their abusive husbands? I haven't seen this

(And what's Sister 'Selma'?)

B

• Bells
    Bells

Sorry - ignore me, I think I found it?

Watchtower 2012 Apr 1 p.29
    "Selma recalls a lesson she learned from the Witness who studied with her. “On one particular day,” says Selma, “I didn’t want to have a Bible study. The night before, Steve had hit me as I had tried to prove a point, and I was feeling sad and sorry for myself. After I told the sister what had happened and how I felt, she asked me to read 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. As I did, I began to reason, ‘Steve never does any of these loving things for me.’ But the sister made me think differently by asking, ‘How many of those acts of love do you show toward your husband?’ My answer was, ‘None, for he is so difficult to live with.’ The sister softly said, ‘Selma, who is trying to be a Christian here? You or Steve?’ Realizing that I needed to adjust my thinking , I prayed to Jehovah to help me be more loving toward Steve. Slowly, things started to change.”After 17 years, Steve accepted the truth. Click for scan.

• blondie
    blondie

(1 Peter 3:1, 2) . . .In like manner, YOU wives, be in subjection to YOUR own husbands, in order that, if any are not obedient to the word, they may be won without a word through the conduct of [their] wives, 2 because of having been eyewitnesses of YOUR chaste conduct together with deep respect.

-----------

The WTS uses this scripture to influence jw wives to stay with abusive husbands. My father was abusive and my mother stayed until she was threatened with death.

*** w10 5/15 pp. 13-14 pars. 7-8 Women, Why Submit to Headship? ***God’s Word tells the wife to maintain a submissive attitude toward the unbelieving husband. Her good conduct can influence him to consider what it is that motivates her to behave in such a fine manner. As a result, the husband may look into the beliefs of his Christian wife and eventually accept the truth himself.

What, though, if the unbelieving husband does not respond favorably? The Scriptures encourage the believing wife to display Christian qualities at all times, however difficult this may be. For example, we read at 1 Corinthians 13:4: “Love is long-suffering.” The Christian wife does well, then, to continue to behave “with complete lowliness of mind and mildness, with long-suffering,” putting up with the situation in love. (Eph. 4:2) With the help of God’s active force—his holy spirit—it is possible to maintain Christian qualities even under difficult circumstances.

----------------------------------------

Also, jws are told that they can only divorce and remarry on the grounds of adultery proven to the elders satisfaction. Even separation is strongly discouraged unless:

*** God's Love booklvp.221TheBible’sViewonDivorceandSeparation

Extreme physical abuse. An abusive spouse may act so violently that the abused mate’s health and even life are in danger. If the abusive spouse is a Christian, congregation elders should investigate the charges. Fits of anger and a practice of violent behavior are grounds for disfellowshipping.—Galatians 5:19-21.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Well I tried.

Proceed! Analyze and over-analyze. Build a case than every sane, fair jury in the world would rightfully throw out immediately. Convince yourselves! Bullshit yourselves!!!!

Everything is the Watchtower's fault!!

Real smart.

- Lime

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Once, at work, we had an abusive spouse threaten his wife who was trying to leave him because of his abuse. We had to call 911 about the incident. There was a restraining order against this person too.

Sadly, this happens everwhere. Bullies, abusers, the world is filled with them.

Hope this poor person gets freedom from this abuse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit