The craziest thing I have ever read...stunned!

by Qcmbr 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Not certain whether to be horrified or laugh -

Why Marriage and Family Commitment Sucks - A Response to The Traditional Christian by Rock Jagar

preamble

I would like to make a stand for the individual with devotion to clan rather than to kin or spouse.

Much of society is designed to unite families and privilege the family unit. This is a great problem for the advancement of society and of the authentic self. I would like to offer a way of life that will return many times the benefits that christian traditionalists currently support. If you are brave enough to break your culturally taught ties to your siblings, your parents, your offspring , your wife and critically your physical possessions you will be empowered incredibly. These ties hold us back from becoming our true authentic selves as we sacrifice 'I' in relationships with material and people who may not be positive in our personal life - truly we do not choose our family but we choose to remain associated with them. If you truly want personal power then consider the sentiment from a modern film (Heat)

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

This is power. This is freedom. Only the free can ever truly accomplish their potential. Once you understand this principle, once you start to live your life by it you will never be able to turn back and consider yourself a free man ever again.

Life gifts you one thing - now. Society steals your now and teaches you to sacrifice your now for a better tomorrow. Other people will take all of your nows if you let them. The more you dedicate yourself to another the more they will take and the less they will do for themselves. Even when they die society will judge how much you have given and if you are found to be the main giver you will be asked for more, you will not stop giving. Giving is a black hole when it comes to relationships. You can never fill that hole.

Take marriage. Once youve got married that's it. You will never be the same. You can never express yourself intimately with anyone else without censure and judgement - even if your current relationship isn't very good! My advice is to be strong and not succumb to society's demands. Do not get married if you want to be free! Divorce is permitted but you'll always be weaker for it, society will never really forgive you. Once you have married you are better to suffer it but you will forever be weaker for it.

Are you confused, angry, unsure? These freeing ideas are the exact opposite of many things you have learnt. This is a war of ideas if you will between your taught self and this new approach to thinking that I am presenting. This should bring a great deal of conflict between close family members as you try to live by it. Those bonds are hard to break! People will hate you for it, especially those who are close to you. People tend to think they love others more than they love knowledge. If you are truly trapped by love for family or spouse you won't be able to benefit from this. Love itself must be sacrificed.

This is the last part of the puzzle. We love ourselves too much. We are bound to our old , romantic, christianised self, we are scared to let go. If we can walk away from all that we are, if we give up our former identity then and only then will be we be truly unstoppable.

• sabastious
    sabastious

LOL! The Grinch that stole Christmas is that you?

-Sab

• daystar
    daystar

Source?

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Source:
    Matthew 19:29

King James Version (KJV)

29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life

1 Corinthians 7:27-28

American Standard Version (ASV)

27 Art thou bound unto a wife? Seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? Seek not a wife.

28 But shouldest thou marry, thou hast not sinned; and if a virgin marry, she hath not sinned. Yet such shall have tribulation in the flesh: and I would spare you.

Matthew 10:35-38

New International Version (NIV)

35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
    a daughter against her mother,
    a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law —
    36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’ [a]

37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Matthew 10:39

39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it

Matthew 19:10-12

King James Version (KJV)

10 His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.

11 But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.

12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Luke 9:57-62

The Cost of Following Jesus

57 As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.”

58 Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.”

59 He said to another man, “Follow me.”

But he replied, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.”

60 Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”

61 Still another said, “I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say goodbye to my family.”

62 Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL! Q, that was great.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Qcmbr, this author is taking Jesus words literally. He was obviously not talking about literal swords, or plows, and he did care about his own family.

The principle of loving your neighbour as yourself starts with those closer to you, usually your family members. Normally nobody needs to remind you to love them, in normal families and for normal individuals that happens naturally.

What is behind Jesus’ words is the principle of justice, as in for example, let’s say your son is a serial killer, you know it, but out of loyalty, you say nothing, you shelter him and help him as much as you can, because after all he is your son. If he kills hundreds of innocent people, tough.

The fact that some religions like jws abuse this principle doesn’t make it any less valid. There needs to be a balance as with everything and this author is taking his point of view to an extreme to discredit the whole of Jesus message.

What he is saying has nothing to do with what Jesus taught his followers.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

- sry to mislead apostatethunder. I was the spoof author . I was gathering a few scriptures regarding Jesus' reported views on family and I was struck by how odd they were and how harsh. I wanted to put together a similar set of sentiments from a fictitious author (crucially I wasn't offerring eternal life) just to see how they might sound in a more contemporary setting. I appreciate there is a whole world of context but the more I read the reported Jesus I can't tell whether I like (hmm might not be the correct word but I'll let it ride) this character because he isn't a hippie with flowers (his treatment of ill people was often quite nasty) or whether I think this guy is just a mish mash of first century bigotry.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Lol Good post!

• Lore
    Lore

Are you disagreeing with Q, or you're disagreeing with the Bible.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Approximately 9,000 years ago in the part of the world we now call "Turkey" marriage was invented. It was created to ensure that a man's property and wealth was passed to a legitimate male heir as women were not allowed to possess property. This is inferred by several parts of the 10 Commandments.

To further this line of thought, marriage is a legal status given through a license issued by the government. A marriage is terminated through a legal process in the courts that divides property and wealth gathered during the marriage. A wedding is just a ceremony that may be either a spiritual or secular. Even the government can perform the ceremony.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit