The Watchtower Punished: Society loses legal battle over child abuse case

by cedars 65 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Now that it is public that Candace and her mother are talking to apostates, I would think that would cause her more trouble and prevent an interesting song and dance with the WT, as they find good reasons to DF her and her mother. Are we sure that's a good idea?

Randy

• yesidid
    yesidid

From what I read Candace was never baptized. Don't know about her mother.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Next goal;

Jail time for WTBTS staff and Elders who obstruct justice.

"

Philadelphia (CNN) -- The highest-ranking Catholic church cleric charged and convicted in the landmark child sexual abuse trial will remain in jail for the time being, a Philadelphia judge ordered Tuesday.

Monsignor William Lynn was found guilty Friday of one count of child endangerment, the first time a U.S. church leader has been convicted of such a charge.

The trial marked the first time U.S. prosecutors have charged not just the priests who allegedly committed abuses but also church leaders for failing to stop them. Lynn is the highest-ranking cleric accused of imperiling children by helping cover up sexual abuse.

He was found not guilty on a second count of endangerment and on a charge of conspiring to protect a priest accused of abuse.

Lynn's defense team argued during the trial that their client repeatedly told higher-ups about the alleged abuse and, under strict orders from the late Cardinal Anthony Bevilacqua, had no authority to remove priests from the ministry.

On Monday, Lynn's defense attorneys filed a motion requesting that their client be released on house arrest pending his scheduled August 13 sentencing. He could face three-and-a-half to seven years in prison for his conviction on the third-degree felony." Tonight CNN.

Some C.O.s, D.O.s, Elders, GB Members and J.R. Brown in Jail......????? hummm.....

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

My correction: Technically Candace was never baptized, her mother was DF'ed twice but was reinstated so is still technically a JW. The father never became a JW.

Randy

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Hi Cedars,

great article and video, please check your pm.

ALBERT

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Albert, I've replied!

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit