Thought Reform and the Psychology of the 'Safeguard Your Heart!' 2012 Convention

by breakfast of champions 99 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

By now I feel like I already know the whole convention by heart, and I haven't even gone yet. It makes me sick that I have to sit through three days of this. I hope I get assigned to a department so I don't have to devote my full attention (and fall asleep in the process).

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks for sharing!

-unfulfilled expectations of when the system will end are no reason for discouragement

-truth is revealed progressively: expect doctrine clarification

In other words, don't trust anything we tell you now because we can change it all with impunity.

-only the Faithful and Discreet Slave illuminates the Scriptures for us

-do not harbor doubts as to whether Jesus is ruling as king of his kingdom

Although we just proved that we're not prophets and we can change doctrine on a dime, you'd better treat us like prophets and accept our doctrine without question.

-the Faithful and Discreet Slave gives ample evidence that we are in the last days and that Jesus is ruling as king

We really haven't given any evidence that these are the last day and that Jesus is ruling, but since we just said that we've given you ample evidence, you should be completely satisfied as though we had given evidence.

Now everyone enjoy the invisible Shasta soda, hoggies, burittos, and puddings that the Slave has provided freely for lunch. And please remember to contribute visible cash in the contribution boxes to cover the cost of your ample invisible lunch.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Breakfast for champions, thanks for posting your analysis, it is very insightful and scary.

So basically they are asking you to hand over your heart to them, as you can not handle it yourself. And you have to give them the whole of it, not half. So after you have done this, what do you have to offer to God, or to anyone else for that matter? Is this why God gave you free will? For you to be a slave not to Him but to some ass**** that tells you what to think? Who do this people think they are?

Also remember your heart is desperate, inclined to bad and treacherous, and the questions is, how is theirs?

Everything is about the organization, do not murmur, do not criticize, do not doubt, do not think, if you are not with them you are against them, as they equate themselves with Jesus himself.

They are effectively destroying people. If you destroy somebody’s sense of self, what’s left? This cult is evil and they are getting more and more radical, poor you that had to endure this program, I wouldn’t have been able to, and poor the ones that believe in all this BS.

• Honeybadger
    Honeybadger

Thank you so much!

Unfortunately, I still have to go sit through it in a few weeks...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

How wonderful if the news of their lost lawsuit got national attention at the same time as the bulk of the conventions are starting. The hypocracy of the GB to tell anybody else "Safeguard YOUR Heart". Obviously, their own hearts are more concerned about protecting sex criminals than about protecting innocent children.

I'm almost tempted to do an old-fashioned aposta-picket at a DC with a sign saying, "Don't worry about your heart... SAFEGUARD YOUR CHILDREN!!!"

• talesin
    talesin

sseven -- maybe you can get 'sick' with a flu-like illness (bad diarrhea would work), and have to miss the convention! Eat some beans and hot chili, take a few natural laxatives, and voila! can't leave the house for a day or so.

tal

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Breakfast of Champions. You obviously ate your Wheaties Saturday morning. An excellent summation of the day, and comment. A few weeks ago my wife, who is out but just does not want to talk about it, said after reading a wt article, that wt doesn't want you to exercise or use any of your God given defense mechanisms, like the conscience, free will, or personal sense of right and wrong.

So yesterday I read the notes you had taken and your comments so that I could continue the conversation from a few weeks ago. I was thankful in the way that you presented you commentary because it made the conversation easier. We both came to the conclusion that the "everyone is evil that is not a JW" and "if your not for us you are against us" propaganda will eventually lead her family to dissing us.

Thanks again

• jemba
    jemba

Thnakyou BOC your comments are legendary.

I cant believe how many times Ive heard this BS and accepted it as truth.

Im really angry right now that millions of people know no better and subject themselves and their poor kids to this damaging control.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

BtB: We really haven't given any evidence that these are the last day and that Jesus is ruling, but since we just said that we've given you ample evidence, you should be completely satisfied as though we had given evidence.

Evidently!

• rocketman
    rocketman

do not murmur about organizational adjustments

"-do not even secretly doubt the organization's view of disfellowshipping

-higher education is unnecessary to find 'acceptable' secular work

-spiritual food comes only from the Faithful Slave; independent study groups are not necessary

-God's sole channel of communication is the Faithful and Discreet Slave

-do not doubt the validity of theocratic appointments"

Pretty much sums up everything that is wrong with the religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit