100 watt incandescent bulbs banned: What now?

by WTWizard 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Slightly off-topic, but since we're talking about LED lighting, I told my boss about a month ago that what I see - as for a direction that LED lighting will take - is LED lighting becoming part of the ethernet.

Right now, there is a POE (Power Over Ethernet) that is available on some of the ethernets that are being installed in buildings (and I assume homes).

It's a 45-Volt @ 350mA. This is the first generation POE, the newer POE specs provide more power, but high-power LEDs use 350mA, so this is adequate. 45-volts would allow for 12 LEDs to be connected in series. This is quite a bit of light, assuming the 100 Lumens per LED that is available (roughly equivalent to a 150-watt incandescent bulb).

Then there would be the feature of being able to put the lighting system onto the ethernet, allowing for remote control and monitoring.

As for the actual LED light system, it could be something like a 'glow panel' that hangs on the wall right near the ethernet plug.

That's my crystal ball prediction for the day. Whenever it happens, you can tell your friends that you heard it here first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit