Sparlock Drives My Wife to the Brink of Apostasy

by breakfast of champions 83 Replies latest jw friends

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

askduane wrote:

Maybe it's because Satan is your real god and not Jehovah.

I don't believe in Satan either. I suggest you re-evaluate how much you know about what others think.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I've been a proud Jehovah's Witness for a little over two years now, baptized.

Two years? Aww. A fresh-faced, wide-eyed newbie.

Popcorn time.

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

Askduane: " I've been a proud Jehovah's Witness for a little over two years now, baptized."

And you already are visiting and participating in an apostate website. Nice!

Askduane: "Every door that's opened leads to another room, every room has something different in them."

And by joining this site, you just opened a door, entered a room, and you don't have a clue on where you stand right now.

• mindseye
    mindseye

breakfast of champions, I suspect the reaction of your wife will be that of many witnesses, though they may deny it. The video was extreme, even by Watchtower standards.

askduane wrote: Maybe it's because Satan is your real god and not Jehovah.

After much spiritual reflection, I've decided that Sparlock is my real God!

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Jehovah KNOWS you are here Askduane!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If the video is right on time for today's parents, why did Jehovah take a less paranoid view of magical stories and plastic toys in the Awake! of October 8, 1994? " Some parents thus view the ‘magical elements’ in these tales as simple flights of a childish imagination and see no harm in letting their children enjoy them"

Why did Jehovah change his mind?

Why didn't Jehovah just come right out and say it how it was supposed to be in the 1994 QFR instead of waiting until now?

• A Stone Crying Out
  • Honesty
    Honesty

askduane,

You are cordially invited to post your comments from this thread on another forum:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-witness/T6VG2RV94M9B56QTT

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Black Sheep - On the WT CD, the Awake! article you referenced is September 8, not October.

• bigmac
    bigmac

hi Askduane---and welcome to the site--you couldnt have picked a better place to join and give us all the benefit of your beliefs.

you can even count your time witnessing to us.

but--why not start a new thread--introducing yourself--only your post might get a bit lost in this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit