Brits

by NewChapter 61 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Interesting date, makes a change from going to the pictures (movies)

Cats deserve it but bid your aunt hate you?

She was just giving me a demonstration on how to use my first gun. We used cats in the training. They are good for something you know.

• cofty
    cofty

They are good for something you know.

At last a use for cats ;)

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I'm ok with being called a Brit. Great Britain currently consists of Scotland Wales England and Northern Ireland. UK encompasses it all including Southern Ireland. I wouldn't say ' Chinks ' ...in our area it's considered racist. I used to be proud....nowadays I'm not so sure. I'm ashamed of this right wing government and the way it treats its people.

Loz x

• cofty
    cofty

UK encompasses it all including Southern Ireland.

Eire will be very surprised by that news!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Is it true that Brits have bad teeth?

Yes, it's absolutely true

v

v

v

• cedars
    cedars

You can call me a Brit any time, I don't see anything offensive in that term at all.

I suppose certain Welsh or Scottish nationalists (or Northen Irish republicans) may have a problem, but the majority of British people in all four corners of the British Isles are happy and proud to be recognized by that term.

Cedars

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Yes to Chinks being a racial slur in the U.S. Earlier this year when Jeremy Lin from the NY Knicks was all the rage, but then had a bad game, a sportswriter used the headline, "A Chink in the Armor?" and was fired posthaste.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I was in Ireland staying at a B&B and met some nice Welsh folks there. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of calling them English and got an earful along with a quick lesson in Welsh language. I believe "good night" is something like "byvvyl zyvwxl"

• talesin
    talesin

Cats deserve it but bid your aunt hate you?

O.o ............ Cofty, you have made an huge tactical error .... cats deserve it?

now IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

tal

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

boc: 'good night' is 'nos da' in Welsh. ('Nos' pronounced with a short 'o', 'da' pronounced 'dar'.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit