Did You Feel Truly Loved By The Witnesses?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Chris, I know just how that feels. The vast majority of the congregations I attended made me feel that way with the exception of 2. Especially this part:

Trying to be part of a conversation in a small group of witnesses and have someone cut me off in the middle of what I'm trying to say and continue on like I never even said anything. That always made me feel good...

Nothing says "You don't matter to us" like cutting someone off and continuing to talk like they're not there and are unimportant. I've experienced that more times than I can count! It gets to the point where you just say "You know what? Why do I fucking bother anymore?".

I really feel for you with the crap you experienced, especially at the hands of your parents.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Are you nucking futs? Love is only a by-product to bring in more people. What did they write:

Neither must we yield to worldliness; the New World society of Jehovah’s witnesses must not let itself be overwhelmed by any worldliness that the inflowing “other sheep” might tend to bring in with them in their immaturity. Rather than let them change us into worldlings, we must help in their being changed to meet God’s standards. There is no place for a socializing “entertainment servant” in the New World society and its congregations. Spiritual interests come first and exclusively in Kingdom Halls. (w55 12/1 p. 735)

Spiritual interests and "love for neighbor" are only defined in the context of proselytizing. Have a look:

This includes taking full advantage of the spiritual food provided through the channel appointed to care for the spiritual interests of Jesus’ true followers. (Matthew 24:45-47) By such means, those who retain God’s Word in their hearts are motivated by love to “bear fruit with endurance.” (w99 11/1 p. 17 par. 11)

Similarly, the conventions of Jehovah’s Witnesses in modern times center on spiritual interests. To sincere observers such joyful gatherings give undeniable evidence that the Witnesses are united by strong ties of Christian brotherhood. (w01 9/15 p. 8)

spiritual interests first and zealously concentrate on the lifesaving Kingdom-preaching work. ( w03 7/15 p. 13 par. 12)
    We built our life around Jehovah’s service, giving spiritual interests priority. This made it possible for me to enjoy many privileges in the organization. ( w08 6/1 p. 30)

• minimus
    minimus

Conditional love

• Amelia Ashton
  • blond-moment
    blond-moment

I used to tell myself I did. I used to convince myself, that was the way of life, it was the best way bla bla all the crap they programmed me to think.

Once I got honest, I can't think of one person, from my entire life in the JWs, who I could call friend. Not one person I could trust, not even in my family. My life didn't really start till I was 28, that's where I started to find joy, friends, family (adopted of course) real laughter, you know from the belly and the heart, etc.

But when I go back and think of love, happy, joy, comfort, etc, there nothing in my youth, believe me, I am always trying to remember some happy memory, just ONE please. My youth was fear a lot of fear, insecurity, loneliness, longing, isolation, misfit. What surprises me most about remember what it was like as a kid, how many times I thought about and planned some sort of escape. I didn't realize it then, but I was trying to break free and didn't understand what I was trying to break free from.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Yes I did. Esp when we were the perfect JW family and I was the rising star elder. The local publishers loved us. The other elders loved us. The CO loved us. The DO loved us. Everyone in the circuit and beyond loved us.

Now, we never hear from any of them.

Still, sometimes I miss it.

Anyone relate?

Doc

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

The Watchtower 'Love' is conditional, it is based on works.

Stop doing what the Watchtower Society say's you must be doing & the 'Love' becomes rationed fairly quickly.

The Watchtower form of 'Love' is FAKE.

It is NOT the love Jesus told Christians to have for each other.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I really did feel loved. I had a lot of friends. Then I got sick, and couldn't go to the indoctrination sessions, and they slowly dropped off. Then I woke up and wouldn't go to the sessions, and that took care of the few hanger ons. I haven't had a visit for over a year--and that was just to invite me to Memorial and catch me up on all the people that I knew that had died. I mean--I was right here the whole time--you'd think they could have dropped me an email or phone call when the deaths occured. They had no idea that I was never going back. They may realize it now---I'm not sure.

NC

• wasblind
    wasblind

Same as 00DAD , just like the flick of a light switch

• cantleave
    cantleave

There was a time when I felt loved. I had a great circle of friends, I was respected as an appointed man and even held a well paid role for a company that was owned and run by JW's.

Then I crossed swords with the CoBE, challenged the order of things and all my "friends" left!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit