Toxic chemical waste buried at Watchtoer Farms article

by Soldier77 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I'm somewhat surprised that Sparlock has gotten so much attention considering Ceders post on this article on his blog concerning a ( IMO) huge deal. A total of 6 acres of landed polluted at Watchtower Farms. Will they be fined heavily? Could this be yet another way that could bring the organization to its knees?

Ceders blog article:

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/watch-tower-faces-clean-up-bill-for-ruining-the-earth

News article referenced and used to send to my family:

http://m.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111227/NEWS/112270319/-1/rss01&template=wapart

Am I missing posts on this? I can't seem to find anything other than what Ceders referenced mildly in on of the Sparlock threads.

Thanks Ceders for bringing that article to my attention! It may be the topic I can use to get my family thinking.

• designs
    designs

The Wt. Society will never ever apologize for this grossness, they may never even admit being responsible. Like many corporate polluters they may sign a deal on non-admission of guilt pay the fine and hope it is forgotten.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Soldier77 - I'm glad you found this article informative.

Marvin Shilmer has a witness record on his blog from a Watch Tower informant who claimed to know the inside story, but I was unable to cite any of it in my article because it couldn't be verified (for reasons of anonymity).

Cedars

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Can't get the hyperlinks to engage with my iPad... Could someone fix? Please?

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Thanks Cedars (finally spelled your name right - lol)!

I'll check out Marvin's blog too.

• elderelite
    elderelite

I agree very much that toxic chemicals are of far more concern than a video in many practicle aspects. I think however, that sparlock and the video are more profound and easier to relate to on several levels and thus draw more attention.

Many of us were kids in this cult and had toys that suffered the same fate as sparlock, or were denied simple fun because it had an undertone the watchtower org didnt approve of, thus we relate deeply and want to expose this new video for what it is: a cult control device.

Consider too that because of these experiances man have deep sympathy for the kids who will see this and want to help and protect them anyway possible. Sparlock threads and pariodies are an outlet of help.

Also, while many (myself included) find the polition deplorable both from an enviormental viewpoint and from the point of the view that it makes the org hypocritical in the extreme, the effects are felt physically only by the people who worked there or lived nearby. Again, to be clear, its a huge issue and i feel very strongly about it, but given the potentially millions of kids hurt by the video, the video rightly gets more attention.

Lastly, the situation at the farm is ongoing. Documents have been filed by the org for clean up, but nothing from the feds yet that i have heard. It seems to be percolating still and thus not yet something to support or push in a bigger way. Yet.

Just my .02, but anything that draws attention to the cults negative aspects, be it wizard warriors or toxic waste, can all share space. We wont forget any of it

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Perhaps Sparlock can help expose the toxic waste, afterall, he is a magical warrior wizard.

• designs
    designs

elder- What should make the media rounds in the $$$ amount of the fines since it is the hard earned money of the Wintnesses that has to be used to pay the government. People respond when their pocket-books get tagged.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Elder - I hear what your saying about the feelings that Sparlock brings up with many, I am infuriated just as much as the next person on this board, and yes, equal opportunity for anything bad against WT.

Designs - that is what I want to know. The fines and penalties for an offense like this has to be outrageous. Not only for the cleanup of the environment, but the criminal charges that could be brought against the organization could render it lifeless or a shell of it's former self.

Remember folks the org is a legal corporation and although we would like to see the GB personally hang for something like this, the corporation as a whole could be in some real hot water over this. Unfortunately, the government moves slowly and methodically, if they deem the offense serious enough.

I just hope they get slapped with a multimillion dollar fine and criminal charges brought against them... To much to ask? ;)

• designs
    designs

Maybe that's why all of the Real Estate is up For Sale. Raising cash for trash like the Vatican.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit