• talesin
    talesin

Last time I checked, not true. ;)

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Thanks talesin!

• Farkel
    Farkel

Matt Groening is a genuis. The Simpsons has been on air for over twenty years, and it still has the best writing and topics of any so-called comedy shows, animated or not. It's punchy, topical, irreverant and well, wonderful!

Moreover, each episode is a mini morality play, and good always prevails. It is great fun for kids and even more fun for adults who can see the nuances of parody and sarcasm.

Cheers, Matt for The Simpsons! They have no peers, and I suspect there will never be anything to best them.

Farkel

• eva luna
    eva luna

I love the Simpsons and so do my offspring. Its funny, I watched it when they were tots and we both had a laugh. Now I watch it with my grandbambinos.

Matt also did a comic strip called Life In Hell that I loved too. Life in Hell became a common phrase in my house . Your going to hell did too. Kind of nice when you dont believe in hell. It becomes a comedy. My nick was Burn in hell Mommy.

• frankiespeakin
  • problemaddict
    problemaddict

The Simpsons is my all time favorite show. Homers take on religion has been thoroughly panned.

"I'm not normally a praying man but if you are out there.........please save me superman".

"Me?! A Missionary!? But I don't even belieeeeve in JEBUS! Oh no we're taking off. Save me Jeeeebbbuuuuussssss!"

(Christian Science monitor truck broke down in front of Simpson house.)

"Hand me that tool"

"No, we must wait for God to jack us"

and so on...

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Also I think the Sparlock parody site was shut down by WT lawyers.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I think I'd much prefer a south park episode, on par with what they did on the mormons and the scientologists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit