Have You Ever Gone To Meetings While Under The Influence Of Booze Or Drugs?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch

No, I preferred to enjoy the buzz and have a good time, lol

• blondie
    blondie

No, not unless someone else were driving. I don't drive under the influence. But I knew some who did, including elders. I took a student to the meetings one Sunday, a long-time AA attendee, and they asked me if jws could drink before a meeting. Evidently, they had spotted (or smelled) the scent of booze and in one case marijuana.

• maksym
    maksym

On a few occasions I popped a extra heavy dose of painkillers until I got a good buzz. I was so relaxed that it did not matter what was being said.

Everyone took on a friendly feeling for me and the whole atmosphere inside was calm and peaceful.

However, I must say that these things only put a bandage on the inevitable; that is that reality will set in and we must deal with those problems later on.

Today I would not even think of this going to my church as I feel it is disgraceful, but at the time it certainly killed the emotional pain.

Peace

Maksym

• designs
    designs

Religiously.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I've been out at lunch and had a few glasses before a meeting.

Once at a memorial, once it was all wrapped up, the wine was left on the table and I asked what we were going to do with it - "throw it away" - It was good wine and I decided to drink it instead - this was after the memorial and thus had just returned back to normal wine. My aunt had the other glass of wine. She felt a lil guilty - no meeeeee

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Hic, I mean Yup.

Got pulled by the Police on the way there, got away with it, the Policeman was a very new guy.

I was only just out of my teens then, I do not drink and drive now, too much spills as you go along, what a waste.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

LOL @ designs.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

also another instance comes to mind, i eventually returned to the jw's, I was out from 15-18 (mom allowed me to stop going which at the time i didnt realize how rare that was, she caught alot of heat). anyway i climbed the ranks to pioneer and MS. while i was in my early 20's i had a solid group of friends to hang with, but alot of them moved, so i really tried to find people to hang out with in other congregations. i found people, but they were boring, in fact one dude outright told me after i asked him if he liked sports that he "doesnt watch any sports or movies, he just focuses on his assignments and doing the territory cards". yeah, i want to hang with him, LOL. this lead to a period of depression, to make a long story short, another brother introduced me to oxycontin. (its a long story, but he had health problems, and at the time had a doctor that over perscribed the s**t out of him and gave him a phat script for 80mg oxy's once a month)

i've done alot of drugs in my day, and oxycontin is by far the most powerful drug i have ever taken. and the example i will give you is, i was feeling really crappy and depressed and it was a meeting night. so when i got home, i popped an 80mg oxy and went to the meeting. that drug is so powerful that not only did i feel great, but the meeting was actually......ENJOYABLE! LOL

oxycontin made me feel so f'ing good that i was enjoying the meeting so much, i didnt want it to end. this is why i think its one of the most dangerous drugs in existance. this is all opinion, but i think its so powerful that there is not a negitive life situation that exists that oxy's wont make better, even perhaps enjoyable.

you could be on day 1 of a 20 year prision sentance, and if you take an 80mg oxy, you'll be like "hey, this isnt so bad, yea the food sucks, but i feel great. my cell mate is pretty cool, yeah he raped me, but he only did it once, some guys cell mates rape them all day. so this isnt so bad."

LOL!

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

the first time I ever got stoned I was at 33 years old. I ate a major bud brownie and I could barely move my arms after and I laughed my ass off!

The next day I went out in service and I the high was still lingering. I swear the effects of that brownie stuck with me half that day.

I remember walking down the street in disbelief that I was actually out in service stoned.

that was a very encouraging morning in the service with the friends :)

another time I ate a brownie at a District convention at lunch. It made the afternoon much easier. I made sure it was a light weight brownie though.

I can only imagine being completely baked at an assembly and snickering during some 90 year old pioneers experience in Africa in 1947 or something stupid like that

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

You have reminded me. When I was an elder we had some sort of training school one christmas in the evening on the last working day before the holiday.

Well, some of the lads from work and I went out and got sh*t faced at lunch time and I was still off my head when I had to suit up, breathe in and attend this meeting. Things went reasonably well until I was asked to read a scripture.

I could see three copies of the bloody page floating around. I must have slurred the whole thing. I got away with it though. God's holy spirit must have been looking the other way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit