Signs of shunning

by NY23brown 11 Replies latest social family

• zeb
    zeb

Sounds like 'mother' has never let him go... and you are right to lay down some rules.

quote from mothers "I didnt mean to interfere... "

"I was just wondering..." etc.

Does your husband have $$$ ..?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

My opinion differs slightly from some of the comments. It is worrying having JWs trying to get at your husband, but I think it is more damaging if you start getting labelled as the bad person causing trouble. Trust your husband and let him interact with his parents and elders, though it would be a good idea if you make sure to be with him as well.

What is more important is that you make sure he really understands that it is a cult, and why. Ask him questions about what it was like growing a JW, how would he have felt about raising your kids as JWs, why he left, and why he no longer believes. Do it calmly though, and don't get upset with him if he is supportive of the religion. You really need to understand exactly how he feels before you can know what you need to do to protect your marriage and family from the Watchtower. After that you can start talking about what you are learning here, and see if he is aware of the history, and control.

The saddest thing with ex JWs, is the ones that leave and never prove it to be false, and come and go, back and forth to the religion. That is why it is important they really understand why they left, and why it is not the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit