Watchtower's New "Toy Story" - What Parents Need To Know

by cedars 166 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• biometrics
    biometrics

No doubt some JW will offer this DVD to my wife for my kids to watch (probably counting it as 1 hour FS).

It's amazing what five seconds in a microwave does to a DVD. Ooops! what's that DVD doing in there.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I was going to copy and paste my comment on your blog to a post on this thread, but the comment didn't appear.

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone, I woke up to a pleasant surprise this morning - 601 unique visits to jwsurvey in 24 hours, which is more than we are used to getting in 2 weeks! Obviously the "Toy Story" article it getting A LOT of hits - 246 in the last 9 hours. Despite the fact that I'm not overly proud of it from a writing point of view, the article is also now officially my most "popular" article ever with 19 Facebook likes - quite a rarity on sites of this nature what with people afraid over anonymity and all. I can see the interest in this subject continuing with the amount of JWs who are naturally inquisitive over what the releases will be. There's certainly been an influx of inbound visits due to keywords connected with the convention itself.

Just thought I would keep you informed!

jamiebowers - sorry you were unable to comment, we've had problems with this in the past. Unfortunately we need to have extremely robust cyber protection on the website to stop it being shut down, and this sometimes inhibits people making comments. All I can suggest is that you keep trying, or if you email me with the comment I will post it myself. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Cedars

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I thought I'd check-in before going to bed.

Jamie, Cedars is right. Please go to the Contact Us page and try sending your comment by using the form or sending Cedars an email. If that does not work, then the IP you are using is being blocked for some reason. It may be on a spam or hackers list and is being blocked automatically. This most often occurs when you are accessing the Internet from a coffee shop or a public place. Spammers go into a McDonalds with their laptops and dump a mass mailing of their ads or nasty emails. Then they leave and go to another. That poor McDonalds will have their WiFi blocked by hundreds of servers within a few hours.

If you send a automated form and it goes through, we can capture your IP (if it is your home or business) and we can put it on our "whitelist." That will allow you to access the site in the future without begin blocked.

JV

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I am 100% totally nauseated by this piece of 'mind cleansing'(TM) for children.

I am beyond all speech nauseated at the GB intro where Anthony Morris lll implies the GB are Jehovah(TM). 'Governing Body'. er, yes, Brother Morris was working on repetition for emphasis. All kneel before your god...the Holy Governing Body!!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

How it should have gone...

• Mom: Is this toy magical?
    • Caleb: Not really. It's just a plastic toy. Magic isn't real, Mom.

• Mom: ... So what do YOU think you should do with this toy?
    • Caleb: It's just a toy. But my friend spent his money to buy it. So I'll give it back to him and tell him you're scared of toy wizards.
  • Jeffro
    Jeffro

The entire concept of 'making Jehovah happy' is pretty pathetic. At any one moment, there's got to be a great deal of 'stuff' happening in the universe to 'make Jehovah sad'. One child throwing out a crappy plastic toy ain't going tip the balance.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Jeffro - Classic!

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Watching the video reminded me so much of "The Incredibles".

... and not to forget:

• Cirkeline
    Cirkeline

This is so disturbing... What I found scary in the first part, was Caleb imaging the consequenses of his acts. Like if I walk in on mummys new-washed floors it will make her having a nervous breakdown, and if I dont pick up my toys it will result in dad going to be crippeld, and our house will be totally destroyed. Those parents have allready succeded in installing guilt and fear into that little boys mind. Psycologicall abuse of a child, big time! And the mothers sighing all the time... oh gosh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit