October 1, 1926 WT on the Prophetic Seven Times of the Gentiles

by JakeM2012 12 Replies latest jw friends

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I know that this has been discussed previously about the 607 B.C.E and the 586 B.C.E. debate. But I found it interesting in the October 1, 1926 WT the quotes under the subheading:

"The Prophetic Seven Times of the Gentiles"

Paragraph 3

"As has already been acknowledged by many Bible students, the lease of Gentile power, commencing in Nebuchadnezzars's first year, 606 B.C.,reaches unto approximately 1914 A.D., at which time the lease was due to run out.* But as it was about 19 years after the commencement of the universal kingdom by Nebuchadnezzar before the complete downfall of the Jewish kingdom and before the crown was removed from Judah's last king, so it has been found interesting as well as logical to calculate the "seven times" of 2520 years from 588 B.C. when the Jews were completly subjugated and this brings us to approximately 1934 A.D.

"Thus from all the facts we are able to gather it would seem that the times of the Gentiles in the last and final sense are due to run their full course by the last date named above, when there might be reasonably expected, events and developments of the very great moment in evidence. We are making no predictions, nor hastily arriving at any visionary or fanatical conclusions. We are patiently biding the time and waiting for the days to disclose what may be the program of events. The most we are doing is exercising our privilege of soberly looking at the facts of prophecy and history in the light of present day developments, and therby recognizing that there is a remarkable synchronizing of circumstances and events in these days with the prophetic times."

• simon17
    simon17

Thats...weird. How'd you find that?

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I bought the PDF's of the Watchtower several years ago and was skimming through the years in my quest for the truth about the truth. I have not verified these quotes with a hard copy of the 1926 WT. Perhaps someone here has access.

• simon17
    simon17

I might be able to... would involve some midnight B&E though.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

thanks jake

bookmarked

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

If correct this totally debunks their long held and still current stance on 607 being nebs 18th year.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Interesting, not seen this before.

I bet there is still a lot of interesting stuff still to be dug out of the old literature.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

What? WOW!!

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

Love to see a scan if anyone has one.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I must apologize, this information came from "The Herald of Christ's Kingdom" Vol IX October 1, 1926 no 19 which was written by a splinter group that left the Bible Students when Rutherford took over WTBTS called the Pastoral Bible Institute. I was incorrect to attribute this to Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Sorry about the confusion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit