I used to be a JW! Shocking, I know

by NewChapter 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

It's TRUE. I used to be a JW. I was duped. Hook, line and sinker. I am deeply flawed. And because I was once a JW, there are a few things I will never be entitled to for the rest of my life:

I will never again be allowed to hold a strong opinion. (after all, I'm a moron who once held a wrong opinion)

I will never again be allowed to strongly debate my position. (I mean, that's sooooo JW)

I will never again be allowed to decide that something is truth. (TRUTH, need I say more?)

And no matter how hard I worked to break free, no matter how I addressed my critical thinking skills, no matter how I have changed my approach to formulating my ideas and opinions, I will always have a scarlet EX JW stitched to my breast.

From this day forward, I will be required to hold wishy washy opinions, and regardless of all evidence, I must entertain the most ludicrous of notions as possible, because I don't have the luxury of trusting myself ever again. If I find I am sure of something, I must remember that at one time, I used to be a JW. And if I don't remember it, I am pretty sure that some mature and reasonable ex JW will come along and remind me and invalidate all that I say, in case I don't see the need to invalidate myself.

Yes, I know, I see the problem. How can another EX JW have the maturity and reasonbleness to point out my JW flaws? Well that's a mystery and I'm not really qualified to ask, because I used to be a JW.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Feel better now?

• still thinking
    still thinking

Please check your PM's

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I do feel better! But is it real? Maybe I only feel better because I used to be a JW! I mean, if I'm sure I feel better, and I was once sure as a JW about some things, I could just be fooling myself and you.

• cantleave
    cantleave

What brought that on?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Please check your PM's

Oh, you only sent me a PM cuz you used to be a JW!

What brought that on?

There is a bit of a trend, where mature and reasonable posters feel the need to lecture, counsel, and even scold us for holding strong opinions because we used to be JW's, and would not hold such opinions or strongly debate them unless we had once been JW's. I'm laying it out there. I admit it! I used to be a JW!

If you don't like what I say, or my approach, comfort yourself with the knowledge that I was once a JW, and have been wrong.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Take a breath NC.... Easy to see the self assured flaws in others, especially when they claim god talks to them, but really all is well :-)

I know you dont expressly worship Thor as i do, but i think the thunderer would approve of you sharing a picture of that scarlet letter on your breast :-D

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Oh---EE---you are on shaky ground here. You used to be a JW! That's the only reason you want to see my scarlet breast.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I just say F*(% 'em - I'm right - they're wrong!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

That's cuz you used to be a JW cantleave!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit