Did you read the Daily Text everyday?

by Iamallcool 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

(Proverbs 13:12) 12 Expectation postponed is making the heart sick, but the thing desired is a tree of life when it does come.

I distinctly remember this scripture was the day's text one morning and thinking to myself "I am sick of waiting now"!

• blondie
    blondie

Not for the reasons the WTS wanted jws to. I would see what points they would pick out to pound over our heads again and how the prominent part of the daily text were the WT words, not the scripture. There was no allowance of having an opinion or thought beyond what was in the paragraph they quoted from the WTS. The scripture was never read in context, reading the whole chapter.

• ssn587
    ssn587

Just got a call from a friend trapped in dubville he is at the dc in San Diego says its the same ole same ole just the words switched around some. He doesn't believe anything they say anymore has his phone with him so that he can follow sports. It's been 14 months since I last attended a Ming and what a relief not to sit and listen to that mind dulling bs. Freedom at last

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Never.

I guess that was my problem.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

I didn't...just when we had the arrangements to have it discussed for FS...when people use to discuss how they benefited from the daily text I'd just nod to give the impression that I did.

• Valentines
    Valentines

The only time I read it was when they would read it at the service meeting. Whoops.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

What a BUNCH OF LIARS YOU JW'S WERE LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You all TOLD Me ............

Yes Charlie Everyday........... It helps me begin my Day Spiritual!!!!

LMAO!! FU****G LIARS!!!!!!!!

And I really Tried and it wasn't easy............. but I Kept Up with it!!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

And look at you now!

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.
    And look at you now!

Maybe you have something there

• Gothicus
    Gothicus

I don't read it ever, and no one ever seems to talk about it or mention it

Share this

Google+