New DVD "Become Jehovah's Friend"

by treadnh2o 364 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

These videos make my blood BOIL!

No talk about love.

No talk about helping people.

No talk about being good and honest for goodness sake.

ONLY talk about follow the rules=good things happen to you / don't follow the rules super bad and scary things happen to you!

the children are directed to clearly imagine satan tempting them, imagine Jehovah being happy or sad or angry, imagine all the bad things that could happen if they don't follow the rules...this is how mind control works. It's how NLP works.

This is so disgusting.

Encouraging the very worst kind of thinking there is: black and white thinking. The kind of thinking that makes people easy to control.

"Jehovah loves you very much for obeying Him." = telling the kid Jehovah won't love him if he plays with the toy!!

It asks kids to MEMORIZE the song "Listan, Obey and be Blessed"

DISGUSTING!!!

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

GB 2.0 really loves to get video time, they are in almost every video. back in the day its not like they were never in one, but now more and more they give the name and put "governing body" in captions. clearly this dvd is only the beginning if he is to be believed.

• mindseye
    mindseye

Sapphy wrote: For me, when they sing "Listen, obey and be blessed" I hear "Listen, obey, be depressed"

Yeah, and the whole 'Obey' theme reminds me of the artist Shepard Fairey's creepily ironic 'Obey' poster:

Obey Poster

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Holy fuck I can't believe my ears!

Just listened to the "sing along" section of this marvellous thought reform cartoon and THERE IS A GODDAMNED DRUM SET and BASS!

Never thought I'd live to see the day when they would accept a "contemporary" sound for thir shitty music.

I'm sure they did this whole thing kicking and screaming. . .

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

So are they going to start making lots of these and posting them on the new and improved website? Maybe a new video every month to keep the kiddies programmed?

obey

• elderelite
    elderelite

I totally agree with lisa. What we do and say, and what we choose NOT to do or say, speak volumes. So the GB, in their quest to help kids, decided to make a video. And the video deals with throwing away toys that the desert god may not like based on their assumptions. Really? This is the best use of 15 min these asshats could think of?? really....?

I swear I thought this was a joke when I first saw it. It has become worse and worse as the clips have been posted. This is really bad. I stand by my sugestion.. we need to let as many people as possible see this.

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

-elder Same here, when I first saw it I thought I was being Rickrolled. Nope, just the GB tripping over themselves again. Still better than that Noah video though.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

They need to change the lyrics to their song:

"Our way of life, like a jail, breeds repression.

When natural desires are deemed evil by the Slave.

If we apply the Slaves stifling direction,

The only relief we'll long for is the grave."

• Gayle
    Gayle

The WTS is losing the youth and this "family worship" dvd is their ill attempt to keep those youth. The WTS teaches the devil/demons are under every rock,,toys, McDonald toys or most everything. The WTS demonizes Disneyland, the MAGIC kingdom, many stories and even "G" movies. The poor JW kids are set up for fear, depression,,the youth's 'lightness' of heart is over-burdened with all the 'universal' issues for them to carry.

Next time Caleb, will just learn to 'hide' the toy. So sad.

• GeneM
    GeneM

I didn't mind the first lesson so much, in a way i liked it (minus the religion part). The production quality was great, the voice acting fairly good, the script overall was meh. The second one was pretty rough I won't lie. I cringed through most of it. Were there only two then?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit