Most unintentionally funny scene in a movie

by Abaddon 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

In the original Superman, where Superman sticks the flag back on top the White House, and says "I stand for truth, justice, and the American way"; this never failed (the couple of times I saw it in the cinema as a kid) to reduce the audiences to tears of laughter (in Enlgand).

In The Blair Witch Project, where she's doing the "I'm sorry" bit in the super-big-close-up nostril shot; hilarious.

The bit in JurASSic Park where the lawyer gets eaten; the audience I was with cheered...

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

• Angharad
    Angharad

I was at the cinema when they were showing trailers for 'Free Willy', everyone fell about when the name of the film popped up.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

When I went to see TaxiDriver at the Cinema years ago a load of the young dubs I was with laughed their asses off all thru the final shootout at the end of the film.
    Sick boys.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

I couldn't stop laughing in the final scene of Aracnaphobia when the giant spider is battling with Jeff Daniels. It just reminded me of the old Gilligans Island episode with the giant spider.

TimB

• Rummy1
    Rummy1

Speaking of Jeff Daniels what about the toilet scene in Dumb and Dumber!(after jim carrey sneaked Turbo Lax into his nightcap)
    whoops that was intentional but I think some people hate toilet humour

Abaddon I don't know which Superman you saw but at the end of my copy of Superman2 he flies across the white house lawn with the top of the dome and a flag on top(look closely...the background is a still photo...the fountain is frozen in midstream!!)
    Anyway he then plops the flag in position and says "sorry Mr President...I won't let you down again"

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Any funny scenes in Watchtower videos?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Englishman
    Englishman

From "Titanic" as Jack Dawson runs to get on board:

Officer: "Have you been through the medical inspection yet?"

Jack: "Of course. Anyway, we don't have any lice, we're Americans!"

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• jolly_green_giant
    jolly_green_giant

dont know if anybody remembers the part in MEN IN BLACK, where Will Smith is chasing a guy down the street and follows him up on top of a roof, and the dude just jumps off and lands infront of someone. i found that hilarious...

or.. in TITANIC, near the ending where the boat is sinking and people are frantically running/climbing to the highest point of the boat, and some dude falls and hits his body on one of the engines on the way down sending his twirling body to a horific death.. pure comedy!

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Ooh! I have one...

Planet of the Apes...

When Thade's dad was dying (Charlton Heston) and he says to Thade about the humans: "Damn them! DAMN them! DAMN them all to HELL!"
    I cracked up at that scene!

• sadiejive
    sadiejive

Mister Biggs...I am so there with you. I don't know what it is about someone dying in a movie but it just cracks me up. I watched Vertigo not to long ago and I almost busted a gut when James Stewart is standing in the tower and you get to see (out the window) the woman's body falling and hear her screaming. I laughed so hard I cried.

Another thing is cheesy love scenes. They say some of the dumbest things that no one ever says in real life. Rebecca was so thick with it. But I'm sure it was very appropriate for it's time. I imagine women were a lot like her character...back in those days. Sometimes I just wanted to slap her because she was so...silly.

In Firelight, there is a scene where Sophie Marceau is speaking out loud as she is writing...I almost died!! I mean, who does that? I guess you have to see the expression on her face while she is speaking to appreciate the humour of it.

sadie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit