Here is a pic of Stephen Lett and his wife.

by Iamallcool 64 Replies latest jw friends

• JRK
    JRK

My take on the Lett Family:

His father was a CO for the congregation I attended as a teenager. He actually was a pleasant older man and a great speaker. He started in the circuit work late, after becoming empty nesters. I bet they were happy to get away form baby Stephen.

Approximately 20 years later, Stephen became a CO for my circuit. I was looking forward to his first visit to our Hall. I will never forget his first talk. The huge wide open mouth, the ridiculous over gesturing, and the crazed facial contortions. At first I thought he was doing it on purpose to make a point, and was going to tell why later. He continued on like that because that was his style. He creeped me out.

I remember how cold his wife was to everyone too. Let's just say that there probably was an icemaker between her thighs.

JK

• steve2
    steve2

Glander, your point about raking over the photos is taken on board...and ignored. Lighten up.

This man's easy pickings precisely because of his position of religious power. If we hurt his feelings, Brother Lett can call on the powers of the universe to send electrical currents through our contrary backsides. That ought to teach us a thing or two about respecting our elders.

Like sackfuls of religious leaders well before him, the musically-challenged Lett attracts derision and condemnation in equal measure. He is part of a power structure that - contrary to the religion's vain protests - champions religious rulership by men of myriad humans. The Watchtower breeds a special kind of hypocrisy: It trumpets loud to all and sundry that human rulership is not of God but is fatally flawed and doomed...and proceeds to exercise just that sort of fatally flawed and doomed rulership over the rank and file witnesses. Double standard? Not if you turn your scrutiny elsewhere.

On a more important matter than my socio-religious reflections is my coiffure-keen observation that this man, this recently-appointed member of the religion's Governing Body, sports an unashamed "comb-over": He combs his thinning hair from left to right to disguise a bald patch. A little bit like the way the Watchtower employs "doctrinal comb-overs" to disquise the balding ideas keeping this ageing patriarchal incorporated society of men barely afloat.

The comb-over - a styling much loved by older men who naively think observers can't notice the thinning hair -

hey but the appropriately embarrassed Mrs Lett does

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

A little bit like the way the Watchtower employs "doctrinal comb-overs" to disquise the balding ideas keeping this ageing patriarchal incorporated society of men barely afloat.

LOL! So that's how they came up with "overlapping generations"? Somebody saw how Lett's left-side hairline creatively overlapped his right-side hairline, leaving the impression of only one hairline in the front. Indeed, the overlapping generations is a doctrinal comb-over.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Nice combover dude... and why is the wife wearing Losche's hair?

oz

• Glander
    Glander

Okay. Steve's post supplied some real background knowledge on this character. And, yes, I agree that anyone who is one of the WT godfathers is responsible for their crimes.

It still has nothing to do with candid photos.

• cedars
    cedars

I've noticed there are more photographs in circulation of some GB members than others. I wonder why that is? It stikes me that photos such as the one above only become available because some uber-enthusiastic dub gets to meet one of the "holy ones" at a special meeting or convention, asks to take his photo, and is then unscrupulous in circulating it to family and friends online. At least, that's how I imagine these photos arriving on Google, etc.

However, there's hardly any photos of Guy Pierce or Anthony Morris III. I wonder why that is? Do these two men object to being photographed when ordinary publishers approach them? You could hardly blame them for being wary given the voracity with which photos of the Governing Body are distributed online, but I can imagine it deflating a number of publishers when these have their innocent photo requests turned down. It may be prudent, but it hardly smacks of humility.

Cedars

• Glander
    Glander

I notice a handsome black fellow over his shoulder, would that be a bodyguard? Do they have bodyguards like Rutherford back in the day?

• Think About It
    Think About It

I notice a handsome black fellow over his shoulder, would that be a bodyguard? Do they have bodyguards like Rutherford back in the day?

No.....that's just Chappy from the Iron Eagle movies.

Think About It

• wasblind
    wasblind

I'll tell ya who that black man is

he's tellin other blacks, don't vote, don't get an education

Jim Crow was a good law, we should have waited on the kingdom

That Lincoln should be shame of himself, and that he miss pissin' behind a bush

sittin' in the back of the bus, and bein' strung up

he's tellin' folks, don't vote to change the laws that oppress you

wait on the damn kingdom

THAT'S WHO HE IS, AS A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I wonder why that is? Do these two men object to being photographed when ordinary publishers approach them?

Have you considered the possiblity that their image simply doesn't show? Like vampires?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit