Medical Marijuana, Your opinion please?

by Greybeard 164 Replies latest jw friends

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Do any of you use Medical Marijuana? I go to AA and there are a few who believe Medical Marijuana is an "outside issue" and they are ok with it. Many do not. I don't know... Alcohol doesn't work for me but if it did, I would use it... I wish I could find a "new drug" that works lol. I have a close friend in AA with 3 years of not drinking, he believes POT is ok. Says you don't get addicted and have hang overs and withdrawals like you do with alcohol. I live in California and it is legal here if prescribed by a doctor and you have your card...

I would love to hear your opinion on this,

Greybeard

• james_woods
    james_woods

I have no problem with it if it is truly MEDICAL. Most "medical marijuana" is medical only in the sense that it gets you medically high.

Remember that alcohol was also sold in drug stores legally during prohibition for "medical" reasons - but much more was sold by bootleggers and speakeasies.

Liberal commentator Bob Beckel makes the point that todays' cultivated marijuana is far more potent than the old wild kind - and thus has greater danger from intoxicate driving and general life issues, such as holding a job.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My husband is on disability because of chronic pain. He takes numerous prescribed pain pills but because he's been doing this for several years now the pills don't seem to work as well. Also because of the amount of pills he takes (for pain and other issues) he has developed an acid reflux problem. His pain is worst at night, the pills don't seem to work as well and his sleep is affected which leaves him exhausted the next day and his pain increases. A friend of ours gave him a tiny bit of MJ (they smoked it at our friend's house and my hubby was taking a break from the pain meds) and that night my hubby was able to sleep with the pain at a manageable level and no acid refux. We would love to get medicinal MJ for the hubby but we fear that because hubby's on SSDI it might not be possible.

• Diest
    Diest

I believe it is a good thing medically for pain. Works for a few people I know.

I also support decriminalizing pot in gerneral.

Here is a Judge who believes it is medical for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k42Ewo0FTTg&feature=g-all-lik

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Why should a plant that grows in the dirt be banned by the government in the first place? If someone drives under the influence of THC, yeah, they should be dealt with. But if my neighbor wants to burn one down at the end of the day, in the privacy of his own home, and he uses it responsibly.... I see no need for the government to butt in.

Or should the govt ban alcohol and tobacco as well?

EDIT: While I am in favor of liquor laws/regulations being applied to MJ, I would not personally be able to take advantage of the stuff, so the legalization would not benefit me directly.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Note that I did not say I was against a controlled legalization of THC plants. I think this has several points in its favor.

What I am against is the hypocrisy of calling recreational pot "medical" to get around the law.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I am for legalizing marijuana. I have never smoked it but I don't think it's any worse than alcohol. I could be wrong. I also think if it was grown and sold like alcohol maybe it would help with the problem we are having with the drug lords in Mexico.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

From listening to the court shows, like Judge Judy and a few others, just from hearing the so-called "medical reasons" a lot of folks are prescribed legal pot is an absolute joke. Asthma, ADHD, really ? ? ?

Ten or more years ago it was recognized that it reduced the pain for terminal cancer patients, and for folks like Mrs. J's husband who have severe, chronic pain, I see no reason to deny them. But as stated above, the reasons I've heard Dr.s prescribe it in states where it's legal like Cali, all those Dr's licenses should be revoked !

And btw I've never even tried the stuff myself.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

@ James,

I am not asking a moral question. I am not asking if it should be legal through out the world. I am asking those of you who might have used it, how does it work for you? What is your opinion on a alcoholic using MM?

As far as people calling recreational pot "medical" I couldn't care less. In my opinion, it is those who sit in judgment who are the hypocrites.

I am hoping to hear from people who have tried it or do use it. I want to know the effect it has had on your life. If you have not used it but have a true life experience then please share. Speculation from people who are judgmental and have never tried it doesn't interest me. Pot smokers talk as if pot is a gift from God, a plant made to do what it does. I want to know your opinion, do you think that is true or does pot do damage to those who use it?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Why is marijuana not legal? It's a natural plant that grows in the dirt. Do you know what's not natural? Eighty-year-old dudes with hard-ons. That's not natural. But we got pills for that. We're dedicating all our medical resources to keeping the old guys erect, but we're putting people in jail for something that grows in the dirt? -Greg Giraldo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit