You & Your Family Will Be Harmed If You Dont Obey The FDS 8/15/12 WT

by yourmomma 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

Here is a quote from the 8/15/12 watchtower study simplified edition that just was posted on JW.org.

on page 13 paragraph 12 it says "Those who ignore the warnings from the faithful and discreet slave will harm themselves and those they love."

also, another doozy is earlier on paragraph it likens those who have not read social networking articles from the faithful slave before using, "is like taking a powerful medicine without first reading the warning on the bottle."

im not even done reading this whole magazine yet, but i thought i'd share these insane comments. they are just getting more and more insane, its just crazy.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Interesting. In the regular edition it basically says the same thing, using the word "inevatably" instead. Definitely an "obey us" or else scare tactic.

Those who ignore warnings issued by the faithful slave inevitably cause harm to themselves and to their loved ones.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what if the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger itself is corrupt? I would be harming all I care about if I obey them and they are.

First, you have to obey them even if you can prove them wrong using their own Bible. Suppose they are intentionally wrong? They are as likely to create a bigger mess as to fix the one they made. What then?

Second, what if the Bible itself lies? Would you want to follow a book of lies even if they were faithful in abiding by it? You really need to know if that book is reliable before staking your life on it. If it is not, you are in for damnation and/or enslavement.

And all it takes is one bad link for the whole religion to be wrong. To be the truth, both the book they are using has to be true and they have to be using it properly. If either or both are not true, the religion is bunk. You might as well be following the most foul evil-worshiping, blood drinking, church burning cult in the world.

• blondie
    blondie

So God and Jesus are both out of the picture. So where in the bible does it say to obey the "faithful and discreet slave"? The phrase only occurs once and they were to obey the master (some think that is Jesus) not have someone obey them.

*** w11 7/15 p. 28 par. 17 God’s Rest—What Is It? ***On the other hand, if we minimized the Bible-based counsel that we receive through the faithful and discreet slave class, choosing to follow an independent course, we would be placing ourselves at odds with God’s unfolding purpose. This could endanger our peaceful relationship with Jehovah. (not our relationship with Jesus?)

*** w11 7/15 p. 28 par. 16 God’s Rest—What Is It? ***We can enter into Jehovah’s rest—or join him in his rest—by obediently working in harmony with his advancing purpose as it is revealed to us through his organization. (not through God or the bible?)

*** w09 10/15 p. 15 par. 14 “You Are My Friends” ***Many of those first-century Christians had known Jesus personally or had seen him after his resurrection. Obviously, we have not had that privilege. How, then, can we be friends of Christ? One way is to obey the direction provided by the faithful and discreet slave class, which consists of Jesus’ spirit-anointed brothers still alive on earth. Jesus promised that during “the conclusion of the system of things,” he would appoint this slave “over all his belongings.” (Matt. 24:3, 45-47)

*** w07 12/15 p. 19 par. 15 “Stand Firm and See the Salvation of Jehovah” ***What else can we learn from Israel’s Exodus from Egypt? That we must obey Jehovah no matter what he asks us to do. The Israelites were obedient in carrying out the detailed preparations for the Passover. They obediently stayed indoors during the night of Nisan 14. When they finally left Egypt, they had to go “in battle formation.” (Exodus 13:18) Today, it is so important that we follow the guidance that comes to us through “the faithful and discreet slave”! (Matthew 24:45)

*** km 6/95 p. 1 par. 4 Jehovah Imparts Power ***

By Following Theocratic Direction: “Theocracy” means “rule by God,” who is love. We benefit from his rule by accepting his authority and following his instructions in large and small decisions. “The faithful and discreet slave” represents theocratic rule on this earth. (Matt. 24:45-47) Cooperation with the organization that the “slave” uses is vital if we are to obtain Jehovah’s blessing. (Compare Hebrews 13:17.)

• wasblind
    wasblind

That's what I call "SURGICAL " Blondie

• sir82
    sir82
    "Those who ignore the warnings from the faithful and discreet slave will harm themselves and those they love."

Parsing that sentence, it doesn't make sense.

"Ignoring a warning" will cause "harming oneself"?

I can understand that a warning may protect someone from potential harm coming from an outside source. But how does "ignoring a warning" lead to "harming themselves"?

The WT writing department, no great shakes to begin with, is getting lazier & sloppier almost issue by issue.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    But how does "ignoring a warning" lead to "harming themselves"?

Only if the "warning" was against self-mutilation or suicide...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This is a really lame scare tactic with the 2nd part of that threat. ...those they love. I remember years back there was a sister who I was friends with and it turned into a relationship. I wasn't divorced yet and we were seeing each other. One day she freaks and tells me she doesn't want her kids to die at armegeddon. I'm like WTF what are u a secret drug dealer? She said no, but some elder filled her head with this and we broke up.

This is taking on more of a prisoner mentality, such as those used in wartime. I remember reading in Japanese prison camps how much they reinforced that leaving the camp was dnagerous. Thise getting released when the allies arried and freed them would often be terrified to leave because of all the mind games the soldiers did to them. I see the WT tactics as very similar. When you can convince the prisoner that he is "better off" inside the prison, you really don't need walls anymore, as the prisoner has created his own walls that can't be breached.

• Ding
    Ding

In Watchtowerland, EVERYTHING centers on the FDS...

• irondork
    irondork

"Those who ignore the warnings from the faithful and discreet slave will harm themselves and those they love."

Edit: Those who ignore the warnings from the faithful and discreet slave will force the faithful and discreet slave to harm them and those they love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit