GB: "We don't know if Jehovah wants us to build new headquarters, but we're doing it anyway..."

by cedars 73 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sd-7
    sd-7
    From my perspective as an outsider, stating that the coming of any sort of -tribulation- would be -wonderful-, indicates a mental problem.

Well, there is that...well, if 99.99% of the world's population is wiped out before we finish building this new headquarters, well that would be just wonderful! Wonderful!

--sd-7

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Where's the burial plot for the future leaders shown on the plans or are they going back to Brooklyn?

• kepler
    kepler

Well, let's consider the precedent for a moment. Between 1914 and the establishment of the theocratic agency, about four years elapsed before an invisible review process concluded with an announcement by President Rutherford of the results. And the headquarters had been clearly located in Brooklyn. Should the HQ be removed to a new, secluded location, there is no telling what kind of disruption will result.

Perhaps the GB should read the WT first... or vice versa.

• cedars
    cedars

I've posted an article on this subject over on Ex-JW.com. The link is below:

http://ex-jw.com/governing-body-admits-doubts-over-new-headquarters-plans#more-5341

Maybe it would be worthwhile getting the word out on this. You never know, it might just be enough to sway wavering JW relatives/friends to see for themselves how clueless and "indiscreet" the Governing Body really are.

Cedars

• okage
    okage

I've already proposed the idea to Cedars that the WTS is going full Davidian with this new compound. It's supposed to be self sustaining in the middle of the woods and gated off. Never knew it was near a lake. I guess that helps to hide the bodies of Apostates. When the family's ask around, they'll hear their loved one was restationed where the need was greater. It's not up to them to see if he made it in one piece. Of course, this will be in a letter, because JWs can't go "snooping around." As for the Society opening up and saying "we dunno if it's Jehovah's will," it is a necessity to make this claim. Imagine saying Jehovah wanted them to spend four years building a new HQ. This would be telling your followers that for at least four years, Jehovah isn't ending the current system of things. A four-year pass to do less field work, donate less money, and attend fewer meetings. After all, they can make it all up when it comes time for the four year anniversary.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Literally, the conversation with my wife last night . . . (background: we live in a mobile home)

Me: "I don't want to live here for the rest of my life. We can afford something nicer."

Her: "Don't you have faith? Don't you believe the end is close?"

Me: "Faith? You're questioning my faith when the Society is selling off all their buildings in Brooklyn and building an entire new complex? If they can do it, why can't I?"

That went over like a ton of bricks.

• designs
    designs

'Keep sending money till we figure it out'

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

"And the Governing Body was unsure of doing such a thing. But David [Splane] said, 'You must go, therefore, and sell off all of the high places of Brooklyn, and collect the gold and life insurance policies of our people. And we shall build for ourselves a New Kingdom to the North (of NYC)' And they did just so. . .

"But it came about, in the hundredth year of the Christ's invisible reign that god's anger came against David [Splane] saying, 'That you have not trusted in the Almighty Jah and rushed ahead to build your secretive compound to the North (upstate NY), I shall hereby smite you with my mighty arm, and perhaps even my hand. I may even flick you with my mighty finger.'

"And David [Splane's] heart condemned him, so that he did say, 'I have sinned greatly in rushing in front of your heavenly chariot, oh god, and would suggest you check your tire pressure.'

"At that Gods temper did blaze against David [Splane], and he told him, 'I offer you three choices of punishment for your great unfaithfulness, dear David: one- make up a burnt offering of your favorite tie from 1978; two- offer your own wife's sweet-smelling flesh in a holocaust to me; three- I shall kill off one third of all Jehovah's Witnesses, men women and children.'

"and David [Splane] said, 'This decision making shit is causing me great distress. Let the decision of which punishment rest with you, almighty and merciful god Jehovah.'

"And so God quickly dispatched a plague upon his witnesses, and upwards of two million of them were killed." - The Second New Scroll 24:1-17

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

We don't know if all the crap we write in these magazines has Jehovah's approval or not, but we are just going to go with it and take away all your family and friends if you dare question it.

amiright?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

“'Has the Governing Body changed its mind about the closeness of the great tribulation?' asked Brother Pierce. 'Not at all,' he answered. 'If the great tribulation interrupts our plans, that will be wonderful, absolutely wonderful!'”

The same thing was said when building Patterson 20 years ago. The GB have not changed their mind. They have been aware for decades that the great tribulation is probably not coming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit