What Do You Think is the Most OVERRATED movie?

by gilwarrior 41 Replies latest social entertainment

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

I few days ago I stated a post asking people what movie they considered underrated. Well, now I am going to the other side of the spectrum. What do you think is the most overrated movie?

I my opinion the title has to go to last year's Oscar winner, "Gladiator." I don't think that it was a bad movie, but better than "Traffic" or "Almost Famous"? I don't think so!

"I have so much love to give, but no one to give it to."

William H. Macy - "Magnolia"

• Angharad
    Angharad

Titanic
    When Harry met Sally

• Seeker
    Seeker

I'll second that with "Gladiator." I was shocked at how shoddy the filmmaking was. The movie was OK, but to have been nominated for an Oscar was absurd. For it to win was an outrage. Don't people actually watch good movies any more so as to be able to tell the difference?

Also cannot believe "The Grinch" was even successful, let alone as successful as it was. Horrid rewrite of a classic cartoon.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Titanic. Terrible script, but good acting, great special effects.

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Lord of the Rings. What a snooze! Absolutely nobody in the Dark realm could sit through the thing without either going to sleep or wandering off to do something more fun. Even the dyed-in-the-wool Tolkien fans were bored spitless.

Titanic shoulda been called Titanic Bore.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I agree with moms, Lord of the Rings was {phllbbttt}-raspberries.

What a horrible flick.

ashi

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Lord of the rings= sucked

Traffic= peice of trash (ooohh..when we're in mexico, lets film using a yellow filter, in DC, a blue filter..oohh how artsy and original..and lets make the governers daughter hooked on heroin, THATS never been done before! man what garbage..dont even get me started on how the mexican police was actually helping one of the drug cartels)

yeah those are the two that come to mind

• openminded
    openminded

Tiatanic was an okay movie but I cant beleive the plot twist at the end when the ship sank and nearly everyone died. I just didn't see that coming. om

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Shakespear in love. Ick! How that won over Elizabeth I'm sure I'll never know!

Everything secret degenerates, even the administration of justice; nothing is safe that does not show how it can bear discussion and publicity. Lord Acton 1834-1902

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

Pearl Harbor
    Titanic
    Armageddon
    Mulon Rouge

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit