Mysterious JW Death in Walkhill Bethel April 29th - see link

by dreamgolfer 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/postgazette/obituary.aspx?n=thomas-z-bobzien-tommy&pid=157453859

NOTE: this just happened and some Rumours are surfacing from Bethel Family there and are TOLD "NOT TO TALK" About this

1. Young Man called parents to say good bye night before being found dead

2. Was working on Contaminated site (EPA has been notified) at Walkhill

3. PArents were told all items and his body will be shipped to you, no need to come up here (very weird as they will not be able to talk to friends, Bethel leaders, etc.

4. Investigation was conducted and no cause of death has formally been annouced,

I REPEAT these are BETHEL Rumours, the above have not been confirmed - that is all i know, see if you can find out more and post it asap.

This sounds very fishy

• dozy
    dozy

Hmmm - curious.The WTBTS policy is that in the case of suicide ( if it was so ) a KH funeral isn't normally permitted. So maybe some kind of accident or sudden cause of death..?

w026/15p.31 Questions From Readers

There is one more aspect to consider: How do people in the community view suicide and the death of the person? This is especially of concern to the elders, who are interested in the reputation of the local congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Depending on the general attitude toward suicide in the locality, and particularly toward the case involved, the elders may prefer not to sponsor such a funeral publicly or to have it in the Kingdom Hall.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Condolences to the family.

The Bethelites are definitely being told to keep quiet about it. That says it all.

edit: They may prefer not to have the service at the hall. But it is done all the time. In my area there have been several JW suicides. All of the memorial services were held in the kingdom hall.

There is a thread on this also. I forget who started it. Someone will post the link I'm sure.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

A Memorial Service will be held on Saturday, May 5, 2012, at 1 p.m. at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, 325 Lowen Hill Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15216

The Memorial Service was held at the KH

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I just posted this on another thread. Someone from my hall close to the parents said he wandered in a restricted area and the ground caved in.

And the elders are going around saying he had a heart attack. I'm starting to wonder if they are trying to avoid a lawsuit here.

He was a temporary worker doing construction. It is weird. But,I think someone is trying to cover their a**es. That's what I think.

I will ask the sister personally who is very close with his parents. I believe she would have the real story.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

We had a funeral for a suicide in our kingdom hall two years ago, so it can't be disallowed. They are more reasonable about suicide these days than they used to be.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "said he wandered in a restricted area and the ground caved in....
    I'm starting to wonder if they are trying to avoid a lawsuit here.
    He was a temporary worker doing construction. ..." Empty Inside

Yeah, I've always wondered what the hidden costs were, of having a workforce that consists almost entirely of unskilled and untrained workers...

• sd-7
    sd-7

That's terrible. It would be nice to know what actually happened there. Tragic. So many young men dream of going there to Bethel and...to end up dying there at a young age...it's sad.

--sd-7

• okage
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

I just posted this on another thread. Someone from my hall close to the parents said he wandered in a restricted area and the ground caved in.

Now this sounds like the GB that I've grown to loathe. Distancing oneself from liability.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit