Are you approved to report (from the km for july)

by therevealer 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

It just demonstrates the absurdity of even getting 15 minutes out of someone with weeks to live. Since JWs do not approve of euthanasia, what happens to comatose publishers after six months? Both in theory and in the records kept at Bethel, comatose granny would be in the same boat as me - inactive.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

What scripture do the Dubs claim that leads them to count their time anyway? I'm sure there is one scripture they totally misinterpreted since they claim everything they do is from the Bible.

They use the "3000 got baptized" or even the "Jesus fed 5000 with a few fishes and loaves" Yeah that second one is a real stretch.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Wait a minute, all this breaking down hours to 15 minutes is making my head spin.

What scripture do the Dubs claim that leads them to count their time anyway? I'm sure there is one scripture they totally misinterpreted since they claim everything they do is from the Bible.

I'm wich yu ShirleyW. what the heck? I never heard of such nonsense! Why in the hell do they count all this time anyway? What would Jesus think!

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I was once told by the elders that I was approved to report 15 minutes - after I told them how taking care of my sick mother was taking up all my time and that's why I was not reporting time in field service.

• usualusername
    usualusername

Ray Franz said in COC that the true purpose was simply to enable more publishers to report and infer Jah's blessing, yada yada yada...

Ps
    The yada yada yada line was mine..........

• steve2
    steve2

Look, if average publisher numbers in many Western countries had continued to increase as they had done throughout the 1980s - after the sharp decreases following 1975 - they would never have had to come up with the special-approval-nonsense of the "15 minute" provision.

It is simply another way to keep the numbers looking healthy when many indications are that the organization's growth heyday in the west is pretty much over.

In answer to the poster's question, What is a witness to do with the extra half hour if they put in 6 and a half hours for the month? Simple: Round it up to the nearest "respectable" looking number. So, 6 and a half becomes "20". Once you've done this, get yourself another espresso from Starbucks and keep those hours up, girl!

• ssn587
    ssn587

They want time counted as a means of control. Then when all that time is added up it provides a means to pat themselves on the back. A year befor I became inactive I didn't turn in time. When asked why told the idiot hounder it was not scriptural. Found out they had been putting an hour down for me and I told him it was not right and to quit doing it.

• ssn587
    ssn587

They want time counted as a means of control. Then when all that time is added up it provides a means to pat themselves on the back. A year befor I became inactive I didn't turn in time. When asked why told the idiot hounder it was not scriptural. Found out they had been putting an hour down for me and I told him it was not right and to quit doing it.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Kinda reminds me of the trouble I take to scrape the tiniest bit of peanut butter from the bottom and sides of the jar before I toss it into the recyclable bin!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit