JW Study, close to baptism, begins to ask questions following our conversation

by uk_ex_jw 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• uk_ex_jw
    uk_ex_jw

Hi all,

I will keep this brief.

A JW study who recently contacted me on Facebook, has been to the Elder's following a conversation with me in where I outlined my reasons for leaving the WT Society.

He originally started asking me why I wasn't a JW anymore and how important it was that I returned to the 'truth' and how the devil was ruling the world and turning people against Jehovah's people etc etc. He was, as you would expect, full of beans and enthusiastic about what he was learning and telling me how he couldn't wait to get baptised now.

He was studying years ago - that is how I knew him. Since then he has been off doing his own thing and now they have managed to rope him back again.

I have explained to him that I do not believe that JW's have the truth, sent him video's, and other evidence, about the paedophilia situation, UN scandal, links to the Mason's, changed doctrines regarding blood/generation and so forth.

He sent me a reply and said that he wasn't sure anymore and that he agreed with me that the WT Society was controlling. He said he felt trapped but he was desperate to know the truth before he committed himself and regretted it later.

He told me a couple of days ago that he was meeting the Elders to discuss the issues I have raised. He said that he felt down and his spirituality was now affected and the bubble has burst.

I haven't heard from him since.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Expect a call very soon!!!!

• uk_ex_jw
    uk_ex_jw

A call from who? The Elder's?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yep - If you are baptized you have committed the most heinous of sins - apostasy!!!!

• uk_ex_jw
    uk_ex_jw

It's possible - one of the Elder's he has been speaking to, his son still speaks to me - that is the only link they have as I moved out of the area 7 years ago.

I would quite welcome a visit.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

... I wouldn't worry too much.

The elders are driven by paper tape reader programming coming from the mother org.

• flipper
    flipper

uk_ex_jw - Very good job in that you've assisted this person to see the real truth about the alleged " truth ". You've saved this person from a world of misery if they follow through on your suggestions ! Well done. However , if you haven't received phone calls back from him his elders are probably telling him that you are dangerous to talk to , your head spins around like the girl from the Exorcist and that you are inspired of Satan to steal him away from Jehovah, er, the WT society's organization. The elders will use fear and guilt to reel him back in like a fish on a fishing line.

One suggestion : If you don't hear from this guy within a month, I'd call him back to see how he is doing and see if the elders told him to avoid you. Very good of you to care about this person's fate. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is great. The area that JW growth seems to be suffering the most is from the conversion of studies. They are not so trapped, or indoctrinated, and far easier to extricate prior to baptism.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I would say you are toast. Be prepared to bend over and grab the ankles.

- If you are baptized, it will be a DF offense.

- If you never got baptized but were an "approved associated," they can simply make an announcement that you are no longer an approved associate.

Either way, they will view you as an apostate.

Rub a Dub

• uk_ex_jw
    uk_ex_jw

I will be interested to hear if my name has been revealed by this guy to the Elders.

I sent him a PM on Facebook asking him how it went - I haven't had a reply and it has been two days now. He hasn't removed me as a friend or blocked me either.

Either way, I think he is finished where the JW's are concerned. He told me that he felt extremely down and that the bubble has burst following my revelations.

In some ways, I hope the Elders do come knocking/calling. It will be my opportunity to hammer them....

Does anyone have any advice for if they do?

I was baptised in 1996. I faded in 2005...

Two people out of the organisation and nearly another one....I am sure they are starting to see me as a real threat now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit