Would you sacrifice yourself to save other people?

by Lore 34 Replies latest jw friends

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I gladly would die a heros death, because it beats being old, and dying a slow death in a hospital with a kbag.

My sentiments exactly. I have told my children that I never want a feeding tube. If I can't drink my wine everyday through my mouth, I just won't have anything. There is a time to die and a time to live. I don't want a

slow death either.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I see the slow death every week! I have it in writing and my hubby knows I'd haunt him for all eternity if he lets me die slow!

I don't know I think I'd sacrifice myself. When I was 12 I was visiting my little sister she was 5 we were taking a shower together and the hot water went hay wire and it was scolding hot I jumped infront of my sister and pushed her out of the shower. It was only 2nd degree burn but she never forgot it.

• flipper
    flipper

Yes I would, I already have to some extent exiting the JW cult and sacrificing time to help free people's minds like many others do on this board. I'm Jesus Christ . So was John Lennon and the Beatles ! LOL ! They gave the youth of that day something they needed. We can ALL be just as influential as JC and the Beatles were if we put our minds to it and get out of our everyday problems and put ourselves into assisting others to think free. There are many ways that people sacrifice themselves for others - it's not always death. But I love life , and I'm not going to throw away my life for anybody , nor do I expect anybody to throw away their life for me in death. Anyway, just my 2 cents

• iceguy
    iceguy

I don't think there would be any organs left to donate if you threw yourself on a grenade.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Is it bad to say if was my ex I'd throw his spineless body on it and then run

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit