I can't take it anymore!

by OneDayillBeFree 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

As darth frosty said: get busy living or get busy dying.Life is going on, don't let it pass you by. You have received some good advise above. You need to make friends and build a support network. Take some University

classes, join a gym, do something to meet other people with whom you can become friends and do thing together. Life is not easy, but it is harder when you are in a place where you are not happy. The organization

will only keep you down and keep you from the many opportunities life has to offer. Most of us who have left, had it rough for a while, and sometimes things still get rough when we cannot associate with our family, but

life goes on. There is life and happiness outside of the organization.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Sorry for your frustration, I'm in the same "stuck-in" boat right now and yes it's almost unbearable.

I deal with my anger by secretly undermining the witlesses; things like letting people know about putting up no trespassing signs and other small stuff that I can't get in trouble for but makes field circus and preaching much harder to do.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I know I'm all over the place with my thoughts tonight and so I apologize for not making much sense

You made perfect sense. I'm sorry for your troubles, but you seem an incredibly strong minded person. One day you will be free.

-Sab

• jamir
    jamir

After years working and avoiding my "bad" and "worldy" work colleagues, I decided to approach them and make friends.

I told them, in a coffee break time: "Sorry I have never congratulate you at your birthday (or went to xmas dinner, etc)... but as you know I am a JW, but am getting sick of it... I want you to know that am sorry if my actions offended you in some way... I want you to know that I am planning to leave this stupid religion."

It is tremendously beneficial when you open yourself this way to others. They will likely sympathise, agree the religion is stupid and be glad to help.

I am still a JW, but it is so much bearable when you have someone to unburden and talk about all the hurt this religion has caused you.

At work I just forget religion.

• jamir
    jamir

Another thing, I just dream the day comes when the wt will be judged before man for all the suffering it has caused on those who just "wasted" their youth and had limited opportunities to develop social skills, because they were forced to avoid all contact in the "world".

People must be aware of this social problem!

I feel your pain. Pretending to be something you're not, just to please others and not lose what have... it's just draining.

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

Friend

All i cna suggest to you is that you dont need religion .You need jesus. Foget about churhces.Just go to him and talk to him , tell him about your feelings and ask for him to set you free form your confusion. Accept him as your Saviour.Then you will be free form the enslavememnt of man. Having a bleief has nothing to do with what churhc yuo go to. In your dys of distress he will answer you , show himself to you. Onve you taste his love then nothing cna coem agianst you and you will find rest and peace and joy.

love

Phil

myyoutube channel

[email protected]

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

I'm going through the same feelings myself and I totally understand your pain we share it. The grip in getting tighter in the GB reteric and as it does I think it will be its downfall. There is only so small the box can get till you sufficate. Remember to breath and I mean that literally and metaphorically. I started medicating with alcohol and now I'm starting to replace it with avid reading of everything from the bible to science and evolution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit