What Are Some Musical Groups And/Or Songs That Everybody Liked But You?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I never loved the Beatles. I especially didn't care all that much for John Lennon.

Bob Dylan, I NEVER got his appeal!

Who never did it for you?? Any songs that just didn't do anything for you?

• designs
    designs

Abba

• james_woods
    james_woods

The Bee Gees.

and - Bruce Springsteen.

• undercover
    undercover

You're not alone on Dylan. A lot of people don't "get" it. Too bad... your loss.

I remember when Madonna hit big. Her first big album. Very dancy, disco-y. All my friends loved it/her. They couldn't get enough. Everytime I rode in someone else's car, that's all they played. I didn't get it. It was just another dance pop song. Nothing against Madonna. She's talented and was a force to be reckoned with and I did like some of her later stuff, but that first wave of Madonna-mania just irked me. Can we pleeeaassseeee put it back on some rock-n-roll????

• minimus
    minimus

YES! The Boss has many fans and all I can say is that they have no soul!

• minimus
    minimus

Justin Beiber and Lady Gaga are so so.

• undercover
    undercover

I like Springsteen... but he does have some albums that I can't stomach.

Out of all the concerts I've been to over the years, I've never seen someone give 110% on a consistent basis as does Springsteen. Every time I see him, I'm as amazed as I was the first time.

But, like Dylan, I can understand why some people don't like him. Music touches different people different ways. And our tastes change as we mature and just grow old. I'm listening to stuff now that when I was 25, I would've laughed in your face if you told me I'd be listening to that today.

I was always the oddball among my friends when it came to music. Everything they liked, I didn't. What I liked was "weird" to them. And so it continues today. Most of what I listen to isn't played on the radio. I have to go to some lengths to find tolerable music anymore. But I've made friends through those musical connections, so at least someone "gets" it with me these days.

• minimus
    minimus

Undercover, YOU prove my point...lol

• rocketman
    rocketman

I certainly like the Beatles, but I actually think they're somewhat overrated. I'd catch a lot of flack for that if I said so publicly. I'm not saying they're bad - something can be very good, even great, and still be overrated.

Bruce Springsteen is another one. Again, I like his songs, but I don't quite understand the attraction his fans seem to have.

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of The Moon is, to my ears, an album with one great song (Money) and a bunch of strange stuff. Again, I just never bought into the mystique.

However, one of the great things about music is exactly that - it is very subjective. We each feel its pull in different ways.

• ammo
    ammo

Ditto Abba

or any 80s pop stuff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit