A Brother Died At Bethel

by MrFreeze 65 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

This is sad news, indeed. So young ....

tal

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Thank you. I was not sure about the policy. I know it doesn't matter because he is no longer with us but I hope it was not suicide. It just sits better with me if it were something out of his control.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I doubt suicide as they are having a Memorial for him. Last I checked they won't have memorials for suicide victims

• talesin
    talesin

MrFreeze,,, let's be honest (and I think you are). It doesn't sit better with me, because so many ppl in BETHEL and indeed, in the whole JW organization, are suicidal.

I would be more upset if this young man's death WAS suicide, and it was covered up. His suffering needs to be acknowledged, if it was so.

tal

• james_woods
    james_woods
    This has led me to believe it is not suicide since they are doing an autopsy. Usually suicide is pretty evident in the way the person died.

To the contrary, they ALWAYS do an autopsy if they have any suspicion of suicide. I had a friend who died of a prescription drug overdose this winter, and they did an autoposy to determine the cause of death. Of course, no one could say if the overdose was deliberate or accidental.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Well I don't remember him ever taking prescription drugs. I was rerring to more along the lines of hanging or something like that. Of course this is all just speculation until I hear the whole story.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Well I don't remember him ever taking prescription drugs. I was rerring to more along the lines of hanging or something like that. Of course this is all just speculation until I hear the whole story.

Absolutely. My friend was a single mother, about 50 at the time (about 10 years younger than me) and she had two boys that I was kind of a father figure to. They really, really wanted to believe that it was an accidental death so I just kind of went along with it. Who knows, really? She did not leave a note... But she was a long-time user and dependant on prescription pain killers so in a logical way it was self inflicted. Perhaps with your friend, the autopsy will prove some unexpected natural cause.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

i don't believe they do JW memorials at kingdom halls if it was suicide.

It depends, but sometimes it's done. I attended a memorial service held in a KH, death by suicide, for the wife of an elder. No mention was made of how she died at the service.

• pontoon
    pontoon

Condolences. What congregation was he assigned to?

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I've known 2 JW's who commited suicide one they had a funeral at the hall, the other it was at the funeral home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit