Can i defend my Faith?

by mrbunyrabit 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• mrbunyrabit
    mrbunyrabit

Thank you Cedars. Will do that. (Busy with the list now)

• mrbunyrabit
    mrbunyrabit

My QUESTIONS

1) Woman cant do anything, they arent allowed to give talks, pray (in the presence of a bla bla) etc, butttt, they are allowed to become part of the 144 000... isnt that going above the man a bit?

2) the WTS only was only created in the 1800 right? so what about all the people before that time? Where was God for them, making their lives better, giving them hope, letting them know that theres this small thing called the HOLY spirit that might make life much easier for you if you asked for it? So what about them? Where was God for them

3)Why should i believe in a God who today talkes to us thought the bible, and a hand full of chosen ones who we cant see, and makes errors themselves. Where in the olden days, theres was Moses, Miracles, scrolls, And fireworks to say the least. What now, why doesnt he do that any more? Its not his will any more? why ?

4) Why do you ask God to protect you, when he cant and doesnt protect you, because he only protects his "organization as a whole". Because bad things happen to all of us, so if you ask god to protect you, and you get shot, its not Gods fault, because bad things happen to everyone, but if something good happens to you, its God who blessed you? So why ask for his protection?

This is only a few from my side, will post more tomorrow

• mrbunyrabit
    mrbunyrabit

well lolhazleft, i would defend that by saying that it protects the congregation. Why they shouldnt be talked with, well i think its obvious i dont listen to that... But doesnt the bible say you shouldnt even eat with that person anymore?

• mrbunyrabit
    mrbunyrabit

knowsnothing.. That question actualy made me think..

well lets say it was real - since in my head the flood really happened. didnt Noa preach to everyone, and no one listened?

And about the muslems, how do you know that God wants to destroy them?

• mrbunyrabit
    mrbunyrabit

LostGeneration, the thing is, I Dont actualy.. but i dont believe in Evolution either. So i HAVE to make the religion thing work so that i have something to believe in, and not just hover around waiting to die. (yea yea so that i can have a magical fairy tale told to me that we will all live hapily ever after in the soon future) Thats what im tryyyying to make myself believe with research.. And well, its not going that well

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

mrbunyrabit wrote:

And fireworks to say the least.

That's because it might have been an active volcano, and they were superstitious like various other cultures.

• cofty
    cofty

i dont believe in Evolution either

Only because you haven't studied it objectively. Once you know the evidence it is undeniable.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hi mrbunyrabit and Welcome. Glad you are asking questions and not 'Waiting on Jehovah'.

One of my questions that could never be answered was the following:

"Where in the Christian Holy Bible does it specifically state handing out Watchtower and Awake! magazines ensures my eternal salvation?"

(This was the question I asked my Mom when she tried to guilt me into going out in Field Serve-Us. She was never able to answer me.)

• baltar447
    baltar447

LostGeneration, the thing is, I Dont actualy.. but i dont believe in Evolution either. So i HAVE to make the religion thing work so that i have something to believe in, and not just hover around waiting to die. (yea yea so that i can have a magical fairy tale told to me that we will all live hapily ever after in the soon future) Thats what im tryyyying to make myself believe with research.. And well, its not going that well

You don't HAVE to believe in anything if there isn't evidence. NOT believing in unprovable "fairy tales" isn't a bad thing.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    1) Woman cant do anything, they arent allowed to give talks, pray (in the presence of a bla bla) etc, butttt, they are allowed to become part of the 144 000... isnt that going above the man a bit?

That appears to be a contradiction. The Bible actually implies the 144,000 are male ("have never defiled themselves with women"); yet this is interpreted as a symbolic statement. Well, based on what proof? Never defiled themselves with symbolic women? The core of the logic behind that belief [and indeed many of the Society's teachings] is that the Society strings together a number of different scriptures, but read the context surrounding said scriptures. Would an objective person conclude that the Society was really correct about who the 144,000 are?

2) the WTS only was only created in the 1800 right? so what about all the people before that time? Where was God for them, making their lives better, giving them hope, letting them know that theres this small thing called the HOLY spirit that might make life much easier for you if you asked for it? So what about them? Where was God for them

The Society has published articles about individuals and small groups who had beliefs that were similar to the Witnesses' beliefs. However, I have yet to see any such information about people who lived around say, 400-1000 C.E.? I may be wrong, but it does seem that there's a significant problem there. Jesus said--and this is what JESUS said--"Look! I am with you ALL THE DAYS until the conclusion of the system of things." (Matt. 28:20) What the Society is perhaps unintentionally implying is that Jesus was in fact lying when he made that statement, and in fact was NOT with his followers all the days, but only recently reattached himself to a group of Bible Students in the late 19th century. Hardly something the Jesus I read about would do, sit back and ignore millions of sincere people who wanted to follow him.

3)Why should i believe in a God who today talkes to us thought the bible, and a hand full of chosen ones who we cant see, and makes errors themselves. Where in the olden days, theres was Moses, Miracles, scrolls, And fireworks to say the least. What now, why doesnt he do that any more? Its not his will any more? why ?

The Society would typically quote 1 Corinthians 13:8, about miracles ceasing and so on. The problem is, if you honestly look at what the Society says about itself, you would recognize that they are claiming to be able to receive information directly from God. Consider the titles they have given to the "faithful and discreet slave" class, the anointed: God's channel of communication, the John class, the modern-day counterpart to Ezekiel, even saying that Revelation 11 is fulfilled in them and that they are today performing the works of Moses and Elijah. But only until they make a mistake. Then they're just imperfect men. But you better obey their every word, or you'll find out what happens when you challenge Jehovah as Korah, Dathan and Abiram did!

4) Why do you ask God to protect you, when he cant and doesnt protect you, because he only protects his "organization as a whole". Because bad things happen to all of us, so if you ask god to protect you, and you get shot, its not Gods fault, because bad things happen to everyone, but if something good happens to you, its God who blessed you? So why ask for his protection?

It's circular reasoning, isn't it? If God offers no protection to you personally, it does rather diminish the value of obeying him. Your fate is the same as the vilest of criminals. God only blesses you when good things happen to you? Well, when I believed in all this, I wasn't so inclined to attribute good and evil to a supernatural source. I very much trusted in Jehovah and all that, but it didn't make sense to say, oh, gee, God blessed me because I got a raise at work or this bag of groceries was on my steps when I got home. Or to say, gee, he got hit by a car, well, he was disfellowshipped, after all...no. He got hit by a car because the driver wasn't paying attention or because he shouldn't have stepped out into the street, not because he "didn't have Jehovah's protection anymore".

You're thinking in terms of an "organization" that gets divine protection, but I don't recall Jesus ever even using the term "organization". Come to think of it, neither did Moses. Hmm. I'm sure that's a business term, a legal term, not a Biblical one. I wonder how similar "Jehovah's organization" is to businesses?

Let's see. You track how many hours of work you put in, how much product you placed. There's a manager who comes to check on everyone in your region every six months and tells you if your numbers are up. And you get promoted, or demoted, if your numbers go down, as you are well aware. Hmm. Kind of puts a new spin on the usage of that term, organization...

Well, don't know if any of that helped...just my thoughts on it.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit