I am soooo not a JW anymore

by AwSnap 22 Replies latest jw friends

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

was out in public and ran into a df'd person. We chatted for a bit. 1st off....I completely didn't even think of the fact he/she's df'd. Then, an elder showed up out of nowhere. He completely shunned the df'd person but said hi to me. I said "oh hey, what's up".....was kind of a weird moment, but I didn't even realize till the evening what happened.

The fact that I was talking to a df'd person, AND didn't even think twice when an elder showed up.....well....let's just say I've come a Lonnnnng way. And it feels damn good

And, thinking back about what happened, JW's are seriously ridiculous. lol

• baltar447
  • wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

funny how that works.

I am still viewed as a JW but am mentally out and I talk to DF'd people all the time without giving it a 2nd thought. But to JW's this is like murdering babies! I can't believe that a human being could think that is ok b/c some other human told them to do it

yes very ridiculous.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Aw snap:

Yes, it is a wonderful moment when you realize that you no longer care what Jehovah's Witnesses think of you. You are finally liberated!!!

Besides, I never believed in the religion's shunning of disfellowshipped persons. I always smiled or said hello to them when I saw them in public. Nobody was going to legislate who I was going to talk to! I'll make my own decisions in that regard, thank you very much!

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

we can ALL ask this simple question "please please show me in the bible where it tells me to STOP Loving my neighbor and shunning them as Jesus did?"

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

You've come a long way, baby!

((( HUG )))

• Think About It
    Think About It

That is a good life realization. You really know you are no longer a JW when you can freely say it is a cult.

Think About It

• ziddina
    ziddina

YAY!! Good for you!! Congratulations!!

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

If the elder questions you about it, just tell him you had lunch with him. The article from Sunday's Watchtower had a footnote that read "it's not wrong to Eat a Meal with a non-believer" :)

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Thanks. I have no clue how I haven't been df'd or da'd. I'm not a wild child or anything....but they KNOW I want nothing to do with the witnesses.

Baptism? What baptism? lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit