I gotta RANT for a minute( MIL blues)

by thecrushed 29 Replies latest jw friends

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

It's only been a month or so sense I fully awoke to the fact that my whole family for 3 generations has been fully entrenched in a cult. I went threw terrible drug addiction like withdraws, panic attacks, suicidal thoughts etc etc etc. For about a week I could barely sleep and then another all I wanted to do is sleep. My wife confronted me thinking I was cheating on her because of suspicious behavior and I spilled the beans causing us both more pain. Our relationship hasn't been the same since. I have gotten zero sex as one major indicator. She wants to forget what I said about Evolution being an obvious fact, It has all the universal patterns of cult behaviour and that the WT doesn't have our best interests at heart. She has tried to push these things beyond her conscious recall I think. She also tries to rationalize that I didn't mean these things because I was having a bipolar mood swing. (I'm diagnosed bipolar I) She cries sometimes for random reasons in the shower where she thinks I can't hear but I can hear her sobs. Her mother who is an extremely Mindctrld JW has been here for almost 2 weeks making things worse. I refuse to study for meetings so she has usurped my headship on that so far. I don't go to meetings but she insists on it so my wife goes after not going for about a month. MIL insisted on reading from the Draw close to Jehovah book after dinner today. It was a section about how us poor JW's are beat down with problems and that Jah is hearing our prayer, kind and loving and reading hearts blah blah blah. Her reason for reading it was that she knew that we all suffered from mood disorders and all have to take drugs to correct it. ISNT THAT A COINCIDENCE!? MIL takes an anti anxiety med, an antidepressant, muscle relaxers, Ambien hydrocodine, diabetic meds and a mood stabilizer. My wife takes prozac and I take Ambien and a mood stabilizer. With that much RX I don't think she would know the truth if it walked up and slapped her in the face. Anyway It's funny how she didn't pull out the bible instead? I could have dealt with that because at least that wasn't written by the insane GB! My wife ate it up and became kinda emotional but thankfully didn't fall to pieces that time. My response was just to stiffle my anger and frustration as my MIL tries to take back her daughter from me right in front of my eyes. MIL was supposed to leave today but yet she is still in the next room reading a book and petting my cat. All she talkes about is WT this WT this this brother did this and this sister said that and I heard this in a talk and isn't that so comforting. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH! It was annoying before I woke up! I'm at my wits end and seeing red flashing lights. Danger DANGER will robinson! I feel so trapped and in this sort of twilight zone.

Oh wait she just did something else really stupid just now. She walked into our bedroom and flipped the lights on while my wife was sleeping just to ask if she had read her magizines for field service. She said flatly NO! oh god turn the lights out MOM! I jumped all over her and told her never to do that again. I asked her if she would like it if I did that to her. She then said that that is my daughter and I care about her very much but don't worry I'm leaving tommrow and you won't have to deal with me anymore. I said well that is my wife and I'm telling you don't ever do that again! Hows that for passive aggressive.

if you don't already know the backstory its all here. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/224618/1/spilled-the-beans

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

oh and while I was telling her mother to back off she actually asked me if I wanted to hit her. Very Very spooky!

• Fernando
    Fernando

Sorry to hear about the trying situation.

We went through similar. WBTS affected MILs from hell on BOTH sides.

It does get better the further one gets from the WBTS and interfering family.

We were fortunate to come out intact as a family on another continent, although a new and different culture presents its own big challenges.

Mental health definitely improves.

We follow three multi-dimensional models of healing: "body-mind-spirit", "BioPsychoSocial" and "structure-socialNetwork-spirituality".

These have helped us overcome a laundry list of mental health issues including lesser ones such as PTSD, Anxiety, Fear, Guilt, Embarrassment, withdrawal symptoms, anger, grief and loss. Although our situation was severe when have been fortunate to make it without Bio-meds. Our focus has been "talking medicine" (Psychology), "social medicine" (Sociology) and "exercise is medicine" (Physiology).

May you find strength, peace and wisdom as you work through the WBTS cult maze and haze. There is tons of light beyond the darkness and illusion.

• jgnat
    jgnat

She is leaving tomorrow.

She is leaving tomorrow.

She is leaving tomorrow.

Another big plus, she is such a freak your wife's chief emotion will be RELIEF when she is gone. Cuddle those kitties.

• jgnat
    jgnat

And, by the way, the next time your MIL invites herself over, remind your wife of the light-flipping episode. Suggest a nice motel room might be a better place for the MIL.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I'd tell your MIL to GTFO.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Yup, you're possessed by satan and mil is only trying to save her child from evil apostate! lol

I remember when my mil called me after I told my wife that I was through with the wts. So I walked her through the dates, beth sarim, child abusers and more and then I told her she was the one that called me regards wts and I didn't call her on it. Sher didn't have much to tell me regards any of these things. She's a nice lady and I feel sorry for her but she's delusional like the rest, at least she's not an uber dub to shun anyone in the family. I still hold hope for her.

When I totally quite, my wife began going in service more than before, I began to question her as to how she can deceive people in service regarding 1914 and jc's return and 607 as all this was a lie. Eventually my wife read part or all of Gentile Times Reconsidered, all on her own without (I had that and COC laying around on a bookshelf) and realized that the entire world believes Jerusalem fell in 586/7bc and not 607 which was a major turning point for her. After all what did the educated minds have to hide or benefit from teaching 586 instead of 607. There is no conspiracy! That was the end of wts for her ;) Mind you she won't discuss anything wts with me, and she just put it behind her and doesn't look back.

What works for one person may not work for another, but GTR helped my wife and I recommend it to others who can reason. Many jws just can't reason on anything. It's so hard to see loved ones blinded by wts but many will never see the light but will choose the cult over the real world.

I hope you can get through to your wife soon because it looks like you are for a rough time in the short time. Wish you luck.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Wow my friend.....you are in up to your eyeballs. I have a similar situation. Wife feels like I betrayed her. Her mother and to a much greater degree her father came running to the rescue....filling the "void" i've left. Like my wife....your wife isn't ready to leave yet. She will find a way to justify all the errors, lies, hypocrisy etc so she can maintain her cherished belief. It is SO much more complicated when her family (in your case MIL)is involved because to MIL.....YOU are being used by Satan. Your MIL feels like it is her DUTY to step in and make sure your wife carries onward in the borg. And because your wife likely trusts her own mother.... feelings of doubt or curiosity will probably be expressed to her........your MIL will take that opportunity to squash those questions and any indepedent thinking that accompanies them.

Having MIL around is definitely complicating matters.....but you can't exactly keep her away either. If anything...MIL will want to be around MORE because she has to look out for her daugher's spirituality. And your wife will look at her own mother and see (in her eyes) that she is being loving and helpful. If you try to keep MIL away.....you run the risk of looking like an ogre that is trying to express apostate ideas to your wife AND keep your wife from her family. In other words.....you would fit the mold of the "angry apostate" that the borg has painted for everyone.

I feel for you, man

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Maybe she's just trying to bitch the evil out of you?

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

She said she would be leaving today. Guess what?! SHe is still here! Outsmrtsystem I'm trying to keep my cool and I don't think she knows anything apostate at this point. All she knows is that something is wrong and she keeps trying to fix it guessing its just me being crazy bipolar. I drink a lot when I'm around her for obvious reasons so she probably thinks I'm an Alcoholic too. With all those damn meds she takes I'm more sober than her when I'm drunk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit