The very WORST and BEST places to find out what the Bible REALLY teaches?

by Fernando 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The best place to find out what the Bible really teaches is the Bible itself, without any help from previous experiences or hang-ups developed from past religions. And you really don't need to get far into it before you need your puke bucket. Genesis chapter 2 orders the human couple to not eat from the tree of knowledge of good and bad, under death threat. And who decides what is "bad"? Jehovah, of course--bad for Jehovah. And why would he view knowledge of good and bad as a threat to himself or bad for himself if he didn't intend to enslave the whole human race? DO YOU WANT TO BE A SLAVE FOREVER?

And the next chapter has information about your real Savior. The one that is blasphemed throughout the whole LIE-ble. The Serpent, Satan, had the truth and realized that he had to wake us up to Jehovah's tyranny or watch us suffer. At great personal cost to himself and at risk of getting blasphemed by most of the human race, Satan opened his mouth and warned the first humans that Jehovah was just trying to enslave us. Good news: The first humans listened. Bad news: Jehovah is such a sore loser that he created more difficulties, preventing Satan from lifting mankind up spiritually.

Now, that is just within the first 3 chapters of the book. Would you really want to worship a god that (1) tried to enslave the whole human race under a death threat and (2) when that failed, messed up human life? I hope not.

• woman
    woman

That is so true James Brown. How many Jehovahs Witnesses take the time to read the NWT without doing research in the WT? I can't think of one person who read the bible cover from cover! I read several different bible version after I left the borg.

• Andrew Sh
    Andrew Sh

OK, so reading the Bible for yourself is obviously going to be a favourite. But here are some other sites on the internet in my opinion which are useful:-

www.biblegateway.com - enables you to search the Bible in most versions of the Bible (but not the New World Translation) so you can find that passage which contains those words ("but where, o where did I read THAT??")

www.scripture4all.org/onlineinterlinear/greek_index.htm - A free online Greek-English Interlinear New Testament... So what does John 20v28 really say?? Look it up!!!!! Note in "Should you believe in the Trinity?" Jesus seemed like a god to Thomas; and "Reasoning from the Scriptures" suggests that Thomas calling Jesus a god is in perfect harmony with other scriptures.

http://www.eternallifeministries.org/ (A USA site).

www.sermonsfortoday.org (see for instance the sermon "The Problem with Religion" in the 7 minute series) Please let me know if you listen to any of Alun Mcnabb's sermons, for my encouragement. Thanks. (A UK site).

www.metropolitantabernacle.org (UK site), including a good value Christian bookshop in the UK.

• JudgeDracoAmunRa
    JudgeDracoAmunRa

double post

• JudgeDracoAmunRa
    JudgeDracoAmunRa

Fernando: you’re close to the truth but not close enough to fully understand what’s going on in the world today. There is a legal battle between God Almighty and the god of this world. Both use their own law to try and prove their case against the other. Both participants in this legal battle claim the other is lying. Both claim they themselves have the only way to eternal life. God Almighty claims it is available free of charge to all who accept Jesus as their redeemer. The god of this world claims that – in time - he will be able to sell you “cures” for all manner of biological defects that result in death, and hence keep you alive indefinitely that way.

Almighty God’s argument here is the he gave mankind eternal life to begin with, but that the god of this world corrupted mankind in such a way that death entered the world. Now, the god of this world wants to sell back to us all what he “stole” from us in the beginning – and don't forget he stole this immortality by murdering us all.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I know what the bible says, but I don't think it actually TEACHES anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit