Don't know where to turn, Don't know who to trust

by BrotherPrince 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• BrotherPrince
    BrotherPrince

No, not that Prince, its just a username

Hey apostates, I've heard about these types of forums at meetings and such, never would've guessed it was called Jehovahs-Witness.net lol

(Excuse my shock, hope no one is offended)

About Me:

21 years old. Baptized when I was 14 years old, reproved at the age of 16 because I love vagina. Attended meetings until I was 18 only because my mother is a witness, once I moved out I cut association with most of the witnesses and stopped attending meetings because I felt I was already disfellowshipped in Jehovah's eyes, but was never disfellowshipped. I do not want to talk to any elders from my home congregation because I fear my family will cut association with me.

Just recently moved to a new state on my own, and I feel a great need to reestablish my relationship with Jehovah God who I still and always believe in. I feel JWs are the most pure religion, but recently have come across things such as the history of JW doctrine/leaders as well as past and recent change in doctrine. I've always felt like I could turn back to the JWs when I was ready to take my relationship with God seriously, but now, I do not know where to turn.

I have never met people that I trust as much as JWs, to this day there is no religion I feel strives to serve Jah correctly as much as JWs. But I do not want to be like so many people who stick with a religion simply because it was the one their parents raised them in.

I feel like this system has a very limited time, things can only get so much more worse. People are struggling all over the world just to aquire daily necessities, even in the richest and most powerful country, the USA. I can not put my trust in banks, countries, politicians, gold or silver. Jehovah is the only way to eternal life and there is no one that can convince me otherwise.

The Point of this Topic:

Over the past 3-4 years, I have gotten plenty of time to examine the WORLD and the people in it. My belief that Jehovah is the only way has strengthened. My belief that JWs are Gods chosen people is dwindling. I have met many amazing, good hearted people of all religions that strive their best to serve God too.

SO, I want to ask you, members of Jehovahs-Witness.net, if JWs are not Gods people, who is? If you do not believe that learning about Jehovah and preaching to the masses is not the correct way to live life? What is? I want a strong relationship with Jehovah, but do not want to be apart of an organization that is not what they say they are. Any advice or anything would help, thanks.

• BrotherPrince
    BrotherPrince

Two other things: I saw somewhere on the forum someone posted about JWs not being the only religion that preaches, who else preaches?

Also, what would the JW organization get from misleading 7 million people? I mean, I hear about the change of doctrince, their dishonesty about the changes etc, what do they get from all of it?

• watson
    watson

Sniffing.....sniffing.....hmmm, interesting.

• Nambo
    Nambo

Hi Prince, I am in exactly the same boat as you.

Firstly though, place yourself back in time, maybe to around 1850, before the Jehovahs Witnesses started, who are Gods people at this time?, when he hasnt suppossedly chosen his organisation yet, it doesnt mean he doesnt exist,

It is exactly the same situation today. Jesus didnt come in 1914, he hasnt yet chosen his organisation, but he will, and I agree with you that it will be soon.

When it does happen, the Two Witnesses will come for real, you will know who they are for they will literally perform the signs from Revelation, do what they tell you, then you will be in the right religion.

In the meantime, the right religion is Jesus Christ himself, he is the cornerstone, read the Bible, pray to him, go directly to the High Priest and King, you dont need an extra intermediatary of men, you go diectly to Jesus, that is what he gave his life for, he is the mediator between God and Men, not the Watchtower.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

First and foremost...WELCOME. I will comment on a couple things. Others will comment so no need to be greedy. Gods people are all the people that you spoke about...people that do their best to serve him and love him. His name is made known through the bible and preaching can be accomplished in many many ways. Look through this forum and you will see a lot of very positive preaching about god. You will also find a lot of bashing of the org because it is a scam and not directed by Jehovah or Jesus. The preaching work that we are encouraged to do is to promote the org. It's classic bible whoring at its best.

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

Welcome to the board. This is a great place for discussion, but if you want to get an in-depth look at some of the most basic questions you asked, I also recommend jwfacts.com.

" I have met many amazing, good hearted people of all religions that strive their best to serve God too."

So why do you think God has to have a certain people? Why do you think the Creator of the Universe would base the life or death of every individual on the planet based on how they interpret the not-always-clear writings of a few men 2,000 years ago (assuming they heard about it in the first place, which billions haven't)? Why does it matter whether you crack your egg open from the fat end or the narrow end?

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Forget about Jehovah, Satan was right.

"What is truth? L et us eat and drink, for tomorrow we are to die!"

You'll not find another truth so simple and real like this one. No matter what elegant philosophy or religion we could follow, death awaits us all with nasty big pointy teeth.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

In the year 1850, did Jehovah have an organization? Why not?

Welcome!

• watson
    watson

As taught by the "Organization", Jehovah is very concerned about his reputation so he want's to make sure that over thousands of years, and human suffering, his son Satan will be proved a liar. Eventually, when he feels it's been proven, he will be able to step in and finally DESTROY all those that do not accept his godship. Fortunately, he has a time set, so it won't be long.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Bro. Welcome to the forum.

How much of what you believe is just the result of being born into this particular church? Would you still feel the same about Jehovah if Mum wore a burkha?

Being raised in a fundy type church suppresses your critical thinking abilities. That's why you are here asking us questions. You don't actually need our help to answer these questions. Get yourself down to the library and get books out on critical thinking and get yourself the skills you need to critically examine everything you believe, read, hear, etc.. By doing that, you protect yourself from getting scammed by devious characters from any walk of faith, non-faith, science, etc..

You don't need to be in a hurry. If you check out Watchtower history, Jehovah has a 130 year record of showing them up to be false prophets and fools. Deut 18:20-22

Welcome to the rest of your life.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit