Apostasy my ass!

by Glander 50 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Notice what 2 John says :

9 Everyone that pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. He that does remain in this teaching is the one that has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to YOU and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into YOUR homes or say a greeting to him. 11 For he that says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.

Even if one could accept that this really means what they say it means, it is those who deny the teaching of The Christ.....not the teaching of The Watchtower Society !

• Glander
  • Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

cedars, as usual, is laying down waves of wisdom on the beaches of our battered ex-JW lives.

That said, it reminded me of how the Watchtower Society uses the term "worldly". As any of us here know, it is a supreme insult to be referred to as acting "worldly". But in the REAL world, the term worldly denotes being experience and sophisticated.

Hell, I'll take that over "close-minded homophobic cultist" any day of the week.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Along with what Cedars said...

"Technically, rightly or wrongly, we all commit apostasy if we abandon the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses. My dictionary defines 'apostasy' as "abandonment of one's former (esp. religious) belief".

Every schism in religion, every scientific breakthrough, involved some form of "apostasy" - the rejection or abandonment of previously-held beliefs, popularly-accepted hypotheses, or ideas.

Without 'apostasy', we would all still be sitting around in the long African grass, scratching our fleas...

• erbie
    erbie

They have hijacked the word apostasy in the same way that they have hijacked the name Jehovah and the bible in general.

Just because you hijack something it does not mean that you own it.

They have their own fantasy world I am sure.

• Lets Think
    Lets Think

This is one thing that does really drives me crazy, the idea that any disagreement is being an apostate. I have said to some in my hall that crime and violence are on the decline and just for saying that i was talked to and about for apostate leanings. Forget about truth or facts.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=the-decline-of-violence

Truth is what the GB says, if it is not true it becomes true when they say it!

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I actually wrote a blog post about this awhile back... I'll link it if anyone wants to read it (I know some of you already have). In it, I address the ridiculous notions of the WTBTS and what "apostate" really means. It was pretty therapeutic to write it.

http://lilstitchexjw.tumblr.com/post/15046562388/the-bitter-angry-unhappy-apostate

• watson
    watson

Caliber

• Ding
    Ding

How many JWs are "apostates" to other religions they left when they joined the WT?

The question isn't whether a person who leaves a religion is an apostate; it's whether they had good reasons for leaving.

The WTS won't let JWs examine that question because they brand "apostate thinking" as evil.

Isn't it "apostate thinking" when a Catholic, Baptist, Muslim, Buddhist, etc. starts questioning what they believe and switch to the WTS?

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

We are apostates, just like our leader CHRIST. He didn't go along with the then religious system that existed and they hated him for it, just like the jdubs hate us for not agreeing with the G.B. and the cult tower and asleep mags.

Kojack

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit