"Dropping In" at the local coffee shop on Saturday mornings

by Cinciguy74 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cinciguy74
    Cinciguy74

I have to admit, I have made it a bit of a habit in the last few weeks to find myself in the local Starbucks right about the time that I know the service groups will be stopping for a "quick" break, which usually goes on for about 30 minutes.

As I am not DA or DF, I make a note to say good morning to them and show them how nice and relaxed I am sitting, slowly enjoying my coffee. I even make a point to invite them to sit down with me, knowing that it will eat up a bit more of their time.

Never a "theocratic" discussion, only about local happenings usually, talking about workouts (I am normally in gym clothes since I was either at the gym or going to the gym after coffee), or just discussing plans for the weekend. I make sure they know I am going to be home on Sunday morning, enjoying the weather.

I hope at least one of them will see how nice and relaxed I am, not scurrying from meeting to meeting.

• pontoon
    pontoon

I like it. Your just too cool

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Good for you, I think that's a great way to handle it - just be being normal, in gym clothes, drinking coffee, you demonstrate that there is life after the org! By being relaxed and happy you can show that there may be a better life after leaving.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

They're probably all secretly jealous of you, but then they remind themselves that you'll be destroyed by Jah at Armageddon and continue sipping their lattes smugly.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Good for you.

I wonder how many of them are jealous of you and the fact that, while they're out doing pointless busy work, you're relaxing and actually enjoying a Saturday morning.

• watson
    watson

They probably won't have a theocratic discussion with you.

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

5 years out and I still turn into a frothing at the mouth apostate when I see them at the local coffee shop. I avoid the coffee shop around the corner when they might be there because I am afraid of what might come out of my mouth and the bad mood it puts me in for the rest of the day.

Yes I know I shouldn't let them make me feel bad, I know I should take advantage of the situation to show them how great life is outside the borg, I am just not there yet.

LOL just ask Para (husband) how irritated I get just seeing them! Not a happy woman.

Bobbi

• clarity
    clarity

Hi Cinci .......that sounds fantastic!

Isn't it great to be off the hampster wheel?

Nice you still have an in, to talk to the dubs. The best part is chatting up anyone and everyone .... especially worldlies! lol

Bumped into 4 different dubs today, had not seen any of them for about 2 yrs, was I ever shocked ....... they looked so unhappy and tired, like they had aged 10 yrs!

I hugged two of them and waved enthusiastically( big smile) at the other two

Wow!!!

clarity

• designs
    designs

Order the triple frappabuccii

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

whenever dubs used to run into me at the local starbucks, they always appeared nervous and wouldn't look me in the eye

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit